Auto Check Spelling

  • bikenbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2005
      Is there any way to get Notetab Pro to auto check spell as you type?
      I know about the auto correct feature which checks for common mis-
      spellings in it's table and corrects those on the fly. But I'd like
      spell check to work real time as I enter text and change the color or
      highlight words not in the main dictionary.

      Thanks
      /Roger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2005
        Hi Roger,

        NoteTab is still using v2 of the Addictive Spell-checker. It does
        not have auto check while you type. V3 of the dictionary has it.
        When we ever get a break to upgrade NoteTab Eric Fookes, the
        owner and programmer of Fookes Software, might upgrade to v3
        which does have the feature.

        I don't want to give a guestimated upgrade date, because I doubt
        we will meet it on time. We will definitely do it though. NoteTab
        if far from being a dead program, although it has not been
        upgraded for quite awhile.

        You can check out what I wrote in my online FAQ, but it won't be
        meet for sure, so I need to upgrade that again and just not put a
        time guess of release at all in it.

        From the NoteTab Support Desk
        http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb

        From Acknowledgements in Help:
        "The spell checker and thesaurus components used in the
        commercial versions of NoteTab Standard and NoteTab Pro are
        produced by Addictive Software." http://www.addictivesoftware.com/

        >Is there any way to get Notetab Pro to auto check spell as you
        >type? I know about the auto correct feature which checks for
        >common mis-spellings in it's table and corrects those on the fly.
        >But I'd like spell check to work real time as I enter text and
        >change the color or highlight words not in the main dictionary.
        >
        >Thanks
        >/Roger

        Happy Tab'n,