Where do i find notetab icons

  • Peacenik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 5:15 PM
      I just installed Notetab light on my second computer and when I went to
      change the file associations in Windows explorer I was unable to find the
      Notetab associated icons. I surfed over to the Notetab folder to no avail
      and the default windows directory
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll
      didn't contain any icons.

      I didn'thave this prolem when I installed Notetab Std on my laptop so
      perhaps this is a function of the freeware program?

      So where do i find the missing icons.

      TIA

      wndy
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20 5:25 PM
        wndy wrote:
        >I just installed Notetab light on my second computer and when I went to
        >change the file associations in Windows explorer I was unable to find the
        >Notetab associated icons. I surfed over to the Notetab folder to no avail
        >and the default windows directory
        >C:\WINDOWS\System32\shell32.dll
        >didn't contain any icons.
        >
        >I didn'thave this prolem when I installed Notetab Std on my laptop so
        >perhaps this is a function of the freeware program?
        >
        >So where do i find the missing icons.

        They are embedded in the exe file. Select NotePro.exe with the browse
        thingie in Change Icon in Folder Options.

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21 4:45 AM
          Hi wndy,

          >I just installed Notetab light on my second computer and when I went to
          >change the file associations in Windows explorer I was unable to find the
          >Notetab associated icons.
          >I didn'thave this prolem when I installed Notetab Std on my laptop so
          >perhaps this is a function of the freeware program?

          Although Std/Light has some features that Pro doesn't, the icons
          aren't one of them. Non on the versions will let you change the
          program executable NotePro|Tab.exe, but you can change it for the
          Titlebar (Program Icon in the upper left and the Taskbar. After
          making a shortcut, you can right click over it and click on
          Properties | Shortcut | [Change Icon...] and they don't show
          right away, you'll have to browse the *.exe file for your version
          of NoteTab. In the program group icon from the Start | Programs
          menu, you do the same as above, right click over it and click on
          Properties, and so on.

          For those that are new to computers you can open Windows Explorer
          in the Folders view (under the View menu) (or My Computer) and
          browse to your NoteTab folder. Click on it so you see its files
          and then right click over NotePro.exe or NoteTab.exe and then
          Copy. Right click on your desktop or in a files area of Windows
          Explorer (or My Computer) and choose Paste Shortcut. Read the
          paragraph above to see how to change the icon. (You do the same
          thing on your Quick Launch bar in XP after you drag/drop a EXE
          file there or have a program install it's shortcut there during
          installation. Further discussion of shortcuts, etc, needs to go
          to the Off Topic list or private eMail please. TIA

          From the NoteTab Support Desk (FAQ)
          http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb
          Fookes Software Discussion Mailing Lists at Yahoogroups:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page for Free Libraries and Clips, Addons, and More...
          http://www.notetab.net

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Peacenik
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22 10:27 AM
            Thank you for all the replies I got regarding my problem finding the Notetab
            icons. This group is an invaluable resource which helps make a great piece
            of software even greater!

            Wndy
            -----
            >>change the file associations in Windows explorer I was unable to find the
            >>Notetab associated icons.
            >
            > Although Std/Light has some features that Pro doesn't, the icons
            > aren't one of them. Non on the versions will let you change the
            > program executable NotePro|Tab.exe, but you can change it for the
            > Titlebar (Program Icon in the upper left and the Taskbar. After
            > making a shortcut, you can right click over it and click on
            > Properties | Shortcut | [Change Icon...] and they don't show
            > right away, you'll have to browse the *.exe file for your version
            > of NoteTab. In the program group icon from the Start | Programs
            > menu, you do the same as above, right click over it and click on
            > Properties, and so on.

            snip snip snip