RE: [NTB] Digest Number 1571

  • Randy Burkhardt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2005
      I suggest Windows corruptions sometimes are really harddrives failing
      because of defects of the disc. I say this because for a period of years I
      was plagued with this problem on all three of my machines. Sometimes I would
      get hints of the problem, but ususally nothing pointed to the harddrives
      until total failure - yet months or years of time was wasted. Since I
      replaced harddrives on two machines and replaced the third entirely I have
      not had these problems nearly as often, if at all. Interestingly, all three
      of these machines had these harddrive problems nearly since they were new -
      causing confusion and frustration with computers in general.

      As for NTB, I'm not expert, but I suggest you verify a good harddrive, then
      re-install NTB on the primary C: partition so NTB can deal with your
      requests easier.
      ( 2 cents)