Dictionary locks up NTP

  • C. H. Sulka (Digital Technology, Inc.)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2005
      Every time Windows gets corrupted and I have to format my [C]
      drive and reinstall everything, I risk losing all those little
      "extras" (clips, templates, etc.) in my NoteTabPro folder in
      Program Files. To eliminate this possibility I uninstalled NTP
      and re-installed it on a different partition--one which is always
      backed up as it contains my data. I then COPIED my old favorites,
      clips, dictionaries, etc. into the new installation, where it all
      will be automatically backed up from now on.

      The problem is, whenever I use the spelling checker on a file,
      if a new word is added to the dictionary NTP locks up as soon
      as the spelling checker closes.

      I have deleted and reinstalled NTP five times, looking for
      something obvious. I go through the "ADD USER DICTIONARY"
      routine, everything seems fine, the program runs fine . . .
      but as soon as I add a work to the dictionary NTP locks
      up (I must CTRL-ALT-DEL to close NTP which is "not responding").

      By the way I manually entered all my open docs, I didn't take the
      lazy way and copy NOTEPRO.INI.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,

      CHS