Re: Solution to [NTB] Word wrap problem

  • edeckmi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
      Notetab is supposed to avoid that kind of a work-around.

      Here are my settings
      1. Under Documents|properties: there is a check mark in Word Wrap and
      Wrap Columns 70
      2. Under Documents: default properties is checked
      3. CTRL-W does nothing
      4. Update column wrap does wrap, but it has to be done every line.

      Could my copy of Notetab be corrupt? I've been using it quite a long
      time and it never did that before.
      Eva

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Cummings" <roncummings@e...> wrote:
      > Hi, Eva:
      > 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
      > Your setup sounds correct, but here is a more sure-fire way to make
      > sure all your message lines are always formatted correctly,
      regardless of
      > which Editor you might be using:

    • Jeffery Scism
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
        Historically Wrap to Column has caused a bug in my notetab, standard
        version, which did the same thing. I found the only way to "fix it" was
        to copy the text OUT of note Tab to a new word document, then RECOPY it,
        from teh word document to a NEW NoteTab document that has NEVER had wrap
        to column applied to it.

        Apparently Wrap to Column is buggy.

        Jeff
      • edeckmi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
          I took the check mark out of wrap to column. I left the check mark for
          word wrap. Now it works. I type to the end of my screen width which is
          120+ characters. Continuing to type wraps to the next line.

          Whew! I'm glad that's solved. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
          Eva

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
          > Historically Wrap to Column has caused a bug in my notetab, standard
          > version, which did the same thing. I found the only way to "fix it" was
          > to copy the text OUT of note Tab to a new word document, then RECOPY
          it,
          > from teh word document to a NEW NoteTab document that has NEVER had
          wrap
          > to column applied to it.
          >
          > Apparently Wrap to Column is buggy.
          >
          > Jeff
        • loro
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
            edeckmi wrote:
            >I took the check mark out of wrap to column. I left the check mark for
            >word wrap. Now it works. I type to the end of my screen width which is
            >120+ characters. Continuing to type wraps to the next line.

            That's because "Wrap to column" doesn't work in real time in Standard and
            Light. You have to reload to see it.

            http://notetab.com/chart.php

            Lotta