How do I start an outline document?

  • KIM DAMMERS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
      My tip of the day just told me I can start an outline document by
      selecting the appropriate file command. If by file command is meant
      the options on the pull-down at F, then I am at a loss: There is
      nothing there that has the word "outline" in it. New simply opens a
      blank page new document.
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
        Hi Kim,

        > My tip of the day just told me I can start an outline document by
        > selecting the appropriate file command. If by file command is meant
        > the options on the pull-down at F, then I am at a loss: There is
        > nothing there that has the word "outline" in it. New simply opens a
        > blank page new document.

        From HELP....

        3. NoteTab Light (Freeware)
        · Same features as NoteTab Standard except those listed below:
        · No spell checker or thesaurus
        · Can read NoteTab Outline documents but cannot create or edit them

        I suspect that you are using the Freeware version?

        Greg
      • KIM DAMMERS
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
          > I suspect that you are using the Freeware version?

          I am now (my former place of employment had the Pro version). It's too
          bad the tip doesn't make this limitation clear. Since I don't have my
          own Internet computer, I guess I'll have to do with-out what sounds
          like a great feature.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
            Hi Kim,

            >> I suspect that you are using the Freeware version?
            >
            >I am now (my former place of employment had the Pro version).
            >It's too bad the tip doesn't make this limitation clear.

            Some things just get overlooked. :( You can check out my
            comparison chart at: http://www.notetab.net/html/chart.htm to see
            the differences in the versions. There's one in Help also. If you
            click on File and then highlight ant item in the menu with your
            mouse pointer, then press F1, you'll readily see the feature is
            not available in the freeware version. Software is sort of like a
            car. You need to look around a little bit to find out where to
            turn the lights or wipers on at when you first get in a new one.

            I'll add to the wishlist that Eric adds "Only available in
            registered versions." to the "Tip of the Day" popup.

            >Since I don't have my own Internet computer, I guess I'll have to
            >do with-out what sounds like a great feature.

            If you look in Help under Outlines, Eric was kind enough to
            explain how to make an Outline manually in the main document edit
            window. It's a little bit of work, but can be done. You can
            always buy the Pro or Std version for $9.95 or $19.95
            respectfully, for your friend's computer or suggest it to
            whoever's computer you are on. You can do it from the following
            link and get a lot of free Clips and Libraries there.

            The NoteTabbers Assistant Page: http://www.notetab.net

            Happy Tab'n,

          • Barry Karas
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
              I had the Pro version before I was forced to move. At the same time, I
              changed my OS from WinME to WinXP Pro w/ SP2. I lost NoteTab Pro that I
              bought during August, 2004. I am NOT trying to get something for free -- I
              already paid for it. I used the free version for several years, so I decided
              to pay for it (in a way). This is what I get.

              Barry Karas
              >> I suspect that you are using the Freeware version?
              >
              >I am now (my former place of employment had the Pro version).
              >It's too bad the tip doesn't make this limitation clear.

              Some things just get overlooked. :( You can check out my comparison chart
              at: http://www.notetab.net/html/chart.htm to see the differences in the
              versions. There's one in Help also. If you click on File and then highlight
              ant item in the menu with your mouse pointer, then press F1, you'll readily
              see the feature is not available in the freeware version. Software is sort
              of like a car. You need to look around a little bit to find out where to
              turn the lights or wipers on at when you first get in a new one.

              I'll add to the wishlist that Eric adds "Only available in registered
              versions." to the "Tip of the Day" popup.

              >Since I don't have my own Internet computer, I guess I'll have to do
              >with-out what sounds like a great feature.

              If you look in Help under Outlines, Eric was kind enough to explain how to
              make an Outline manually in the main document edit window. It's a little bit
              of work, but can be done. You can always buy the Pro or Std version for
              $9.95 or $19.95 respectfully, for your friend's computer or suggest it to
              whoever's computer you are on. You can do it from the following link and get
              a lot of free Clips and Libraries there.

              The NoteTabbers Assistant Page: http://www.notetab.net

              Happy Tab'n,

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
                Hi Barry,

                >I had the Pro version before I was forced to move. At the same
                >time, I changed my OS from WinME to WinXP Pro w/ SP2. I lost
                >NoteTab Pro that I bought during August, 2004. I am NOT trying to
                >get something for free -- I already paid for it. I used the free
                >version for several years, so I decided to pay for it (in a way).
                >This is what I get.

                I don't understand if you are complaining wanting to reinstall or
                what. If your company bought it, then it is theirs, unless they
                gave it to you. :) Write me at Jody@... and tell me more
                please. Thanks!

                >Hi Kim,
                >
                >>> I suspect that you are using the Freeware version?
                >>
                >> I am now (my former place of employment had the Pro version).
                >> It's too bad the tip doesn't make this limitation clear.
                >
                >Some things just get overlooked. :( You can check out my comparison chart
                >at: http://www.notetab.net/html/chart.htm to see the differences in the
                >versions.

                Happy Tab'n,