Please Read About List Posting/Sending to Which List (was RE: [NTB] Creating a Clip)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
      Hi All,

      You all are very much appreciated for posting on the correct
      list, and following the rules for the lists, and for keeping them
      clean, kind, and courteous! Well, for being very helpful too! :)

      I know somebody and myself goofed and posted some Clips on this
      list and it is a big no-no! :-), but you really need to sign up
      for the Clips list for posting Clips and discussing them. It
      really is important to do! Links are at the bottom of every [NTB]
      list post to signup for it and the Off Topic list via yahoogroups
      online, or in my sigline in some posts, this one for sure.

      ...But, my page to sign up for them is (below) in the discussion
      thing I wrote about the different lists. Please read it at least
      once all the way through and if you have not read it in the past
      six months or so, please read it again. Thanks very much!!!

      >> Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab

      You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
      lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
      read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
      properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

      _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
      some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
      lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
      from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
      things as well.

      - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
      Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
      immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

      Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
      Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
      Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

      - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
      Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
      the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
      Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

      - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
      reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

      - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
      line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
      the same message body of the last message received that you are
      replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
      the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
      I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
      message thread can be followed easier.

      - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
      on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
      competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
      say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
      then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
      the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
      to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
      every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
      cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

      + WHICH LIST to post on???

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:

      Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
      http://www.fookes.us ;) Thank$

      Aid4Mail: Export messages from many popular mail programs to other
      formats! It's a must have tool for eMail conversion, archiving, and
      compressing. Make really neat CDs using the MHT format for
      browsers. Check it out at: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      Happy Clip'n!