RE: [NTB] Creating a Clip

  • Bert Byfield
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
      > Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab goes with working with
      > tab delimetered data easily ... I'll give it a go.

      I haven't done anything with Tabs yet, but check out %TAB% in Help>>Clip
      Programming>>Index. Looks like you can treat tabs as just plain characters.

      Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
        Hi All,

        You all are very much appreciated for posting on the correct
        list, and following the rules for the lists, and for keeping them
        clean, kind, and courteous! Well, for being very helpful too! :)

        I know somebody and myself goofed and posted some Clips on this
        list and it is a big no-no! :-), but you really need to sign up
        for the Clips list for posting Clips and discussing them. It
        really is important to do! Links are at the bottom of every [NTB]
        list post to signup for it and the Off Topic list via yahoogroups
        online, or in my sigline in some posts, this one for sure.

        ...But, my page to sign up for them is (below) in the discussion
        thing I wrote about the different lists. Please read it at least
        once all the way through and if you have not read it in the past
        six months or so, please read it again. Thanks very much!!!

        >> Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab

        You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
        lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
        read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
        properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

        _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
        some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
        lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
        from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
        things as well.

        - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
        Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
        immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

        Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
        Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
        Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

        - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
        Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
        the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
        Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

        - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
        reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

        - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
        line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
        the same message body of the last message received that you are
        replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
        the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
        I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
        message thread can be followed easier.

        - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
        on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
        competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
        say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
        then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
        the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
        to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
        every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
        cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

        + WHICH LIST to post on???

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:

        Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
        http://www.fookes.us ;) Thank$

        Aid4Mail: Export messages from many popular mail programs to other
        formats! It's a must have tool for eMail conversion, archiving, and
        compressing. Make really neat CDs using the MHT format for
        browsers. Check it out at: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

        Happy Clip'n!