RE: [NTB] Creating a Clip

  • Mark Easton
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 23, 2005
      Wow,

      You guys are really helpful! I am glad I bought this product!!! :-)

      Yep it works now, and without reg expressions. Very cool.

      Thank-you
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
        > > The reason I came onto your product in the first place is
        > > because I want to do this:
        > > ^!Replace \n <BR> WTRA
        > > ie replace line feeds with <BR>

        I'm still working on doing all selected lines, but what I'm using right
        now is (first line is title):

        <BR> at EOL
        ^!Jump LINE_END
        ^!Jump +001

        This will put a <BR> at the end of the line where the cursor is, and
        move the cursor to the next line, so for a range of lines you can just
        keep double-clicking on the clip.
        I *do* have clips to change a block of text into a Table or a List, if
        that is your end goal Once I got these three clips, working on
        changing all of a selected text to <BR>s went to a low priority task.

      • Mark Easton
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
          Thats cool Bert. My end goal is to be able to paste all of the text into a
          single Excel Spreadsheet cell. So I cant have any line feeds. That is then
          saved out in tab delimitered format and used by an import program (Easy
          Populae) to load the data into the database for my new osCommerce Website ..
          ie www.davesbasement.com

          Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab goes with working with tab
          delimetered data easily ... I'll give it a go.

          > > The reason I came onto your product in the first place is
          > > because I want to do this:
          > > ^!Replace \n <BR> WTRA
          > > ie replace line feeds with <BR>

          I'm still working on doing all selected lines, but what I'm using right
          now is (first line is title):

          <BR> at EOL
          ^!Jump LINE_END
          ^!Jump +001

          This will put a <BR> at the end of the line where the cursor is, and
          move the cursor to the next line, so for a range of lines you can just
          keep double-clicking on the clip.
          I *do* have clips to change a block of text into a Table or a List, if
          that is your end goal Once I got these three clips, working on
          changing all of a selected text to <BR>s went to a low priority task.

        • Bert Byfield
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
            > Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab goes with working with
            > tab delimetered data easily ... I'll give it a go.

            I haven't done anything with Tabs yet, but check out %TAB% in Help>>Clip
            Programming>>Index. Looks like you can treat tabs as just plain characters.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2005
              Hi All,

              You all are very much appreciated for posting on the correct
              list, and following the rules for the lists, and for keeping them
              clean, kind, and courteous! Well, for being very helpful too! :)

              I know somebody and myself goofed and posted some Clips on this
              list and it is a big no-no! :-), but you really need to sign up
              for the Clips list for posting Clips and discussing them. It
              really is important to do! Links are at the bottom of every [NTB]
              list post to signup for it and the Off Topic list via yahoogroups
              online, or in my sigline in some posts, this one for sure.

              ...But, my page to sign up for them is (below) in the discussion
              thing I wrote about the different lists. Please read it at least
              once all the way through and if you have not read it in the past
              six months or so, please read it again. Thanks very much!!!

              >> Which has me thinking ... I wonder how NoteTab

              You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
              lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
              read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
              properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

              _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
              some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
              lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
              from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
              things as well.

              - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
              Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
              immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

              Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
              Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
              Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

              - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
              Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
              the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
              Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

              - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
              reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

              - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
              line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
              the same message body of the last message received that you are
              replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
              the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
              I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
              message thread can be followed easier.

              - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
              on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
              competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
              say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
              then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
              the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
              to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
              every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

              - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
              cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

              + WHICH LIST to post on???

              Clips or Scripts list for them.

              are for discussion of those programs.

              Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

              lists.

              Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
              http://www.fookes.us ;) Thank$

              Aid4Mail: Export messages from many popular mail programs to other
              formats! It's a must have tool for eMail conversion, archiving, and
              compressing. Make really neat CDs using the MHT format for
              browsers. Check it out at: http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

              Happy Clip'n!