Problem with pasting a pasteclip

  • swisscatdk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 9:14 AM
      Hi all
      I have been using Notetab for years and think it's the best thing since
      sliced bread.
      I use Windows XP home, Netscape Messenger and a Logitech iTouch
      keyboard.
      For the past couple of months I have been having a problem with using
      PasteClips in emails. They don't work in Netscape any more. I have not
      changed Netscape, I've not changed anything in Pasteclips (except add
      more clips :-)
      I made a new clip to test it but it doesn't work either. I've tried
      using Stop then Start again but still no joy.

      I've noticed that it doesn't work in Word either. My Pasteclips only
      seem to work when I'm in Notetab.
      Can anyone think why this is happening ? Is something corrupt ? Which
      file would I need to re-install ?

      Many thanks for your help
      Dane
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 12:09 PM
        Hi Dane,

        We need to continue this on the Off Topic list, because of where
        it is heading next...

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        >I have been using Notetab for years and think it's the best thing
        >since sliced bread.

        What an insult! It's the best thing since ice cream and apple pie! :-)

        >I use Windows XP home, Netscape Messenger and a Logitech iTouch
        >keyboard.

        I also have that keyboard. Try turning off your iTouch features,
        because of it monitoring...

        >For the past couple of months I have been having a problem with
        >using PasteClips in emails. They don't work in Netscape any more.
        >I have not changed Netscape, I've not changed anything in
        >Pasteclips (except add more clips :-)

        I use my version of PasteClips exhaustively in mail and other
        places. I have the Library running all the time unless I switch
        to one to do some task. Because of it, the type of work I do, and
        NoteTab in general, I single handily, ;) get 15, 20+... hours
        into an 8-10 work day! Slam dunk, BANG! Eat your heart out
        competitors. ;)

        >Can anyone think why this is happening? Is something corrupt?
        >Which file would I need to re-install?

        Quite awhile ago, mine started to quit working out of the blue
        for no apparent reason. It happens 1-2 times a day or skips a
        day, etc. It is very intermittent. I only need to restart NoteTab
        to get it working again. It is annoying though. I don't know what
        caused it to happen, but definitely suspect it to be something
        outside of NoteTab (maybe WinXP), but more likely to be something
        that monitors the Clipboard like ^!OnClipboardChange does in
        PasteClips and they clash killing... We need to get together and
        see what we have in common that could be causing it. (I also run
        UltimaShell, a third party utility that runs seamlessly with
        NoteTab, although I use the Pro version. See Help | Third Party
        Products in NoteTab for more information about it. I only mention
        that now, because it also monitors and you can mention in your
        reply on the Off Topic list if you use it or not... (UltimaShell
        is called something different now, but still does the same thing.
        Intelli something. It is an auto-complete typing tool.)

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List