Re: [NTB] Problem with Replacing ^P

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
      I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
      NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.

      I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
      later fix in the next version.

      Jeff
    • Jeffery Scism
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
        Jeffery Scism wrote:

        >I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
        >NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.
        >
        >I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
        >later fix in the next version.
        >
        >Jeff

        Additional: hat bug was in the FIND in all open docs or the Directory
        search function in Notetab Standard, (control +D search).

        The search function was not finding multiline search criteria in HTML
        documents. Any lines that "broke ( ^P) would not be found.

        WE worked out a REGEX search that did a fair job, but was also flukey.

        The end solution was a uninstall and reinstall to an alternate
        directory, and a copy off and re-creation of the affected pages as
        anew text/html document, which had NEVER had "wrap to column" set for
        it. Apparently the sytem remembers that a document had in the past been
        "wrapped" and that process is a problem when searching to do global
        replacements. (some hidden coding changes...)

        (I started the mess by trying to turn ON wordwrap, and mistakenly set
        "wrap to column" in a global template- thus corrupting 5,000 webpages I
        had created with that template).

        Jody has spent hours with me trying to get it straight, and we finally did.

        (Jody is a GREAT person!)

        Jeff

        --
        ~~

        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

        "He who throws stones is providing an enemy with ammunition, and an idea of it's application."

        Benjamin Franklin

        S250 DNA Project
        Crawley DNA Project
        Montgomery County Indiana USGenWeb site