Re: [NTB] Problem with Replacing ^P

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 8:35 AM
      Jeffery Scism wrote:
      > I had this same problem with files that had once had word Wrap set on
      > them at a column width, I finally had to copy the contents to another
      > text editor, delete the existing doc, and create a NEW doc.
      >
      > Jeff
      Does the %nl% figure in here somewhere? I don't have standard/light
      running most of the time, so I have never seen this behavior. Just pop
      for the pro version ... the easy fix :-) If you want to email me a copy
      of the file, I'll try it in light and see if I have the same problem.

      Don
    • Jeffery Scism
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 8:52 AM
        I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
        NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.

        I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
        later fix in the next version.

        Jeff
      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1 9:04 AM
          Jeffery Scism wrote:

          >I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
          >NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.
          >
          >I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
          >later fix in the next version.
          >
          >Jeff

          Additional: hat bug was in the FIND in all open docs or the Directory
          search function in Notetab Standard, (control +D search).

          The search function was not finding multiline search criteria in HTML
          documents. Any lines that "broke ( ^P) would not be found.

          WE worked out a REGEX search that did a fair job, but was also flukey.

          The end solution was a uninstall and reinstall to an alternate
          directory, and a copy off and re-creation of the affected pages as
          anew text/html document, which had NEVER had "wrap to column" set for
          it. Apparently the sytem remembers that a document had in the past been
          "wrapped" and that process is a problem when searching to do global
          replacements. (some hidden coding changes...)

          (I started the mess by trying to turn ON wordwrap, and mistakenly set
          "wrap to column" in a global template- thus corrupting 5,000 webpages I
          had created with that template).

          Jody has spent hours with me trying to get it straight, and we finally did.

          (Jody is a GREAT person!)

          Jeff

          --
          ~~

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

          "He who throws stones is providing an enemy with ammunition, and an idea of it's application."

          Benjamin Franklin

          S250 DNA Project
          Crawley DNA Project
          Montgomery County Indiana USGenWeb site