Re: [NTB] Problem with Replacing ^P

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2005
      I had this same problem with files that had once had word Wrap set on
      them at a column width, I finally had to copy the contents to another
      text editor, delete the existing doc, and create a NEW doc.

      Jeff
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
        Jeffery Scism wrote:
        > I had this same problem with files that had once had word Wrap set on
        > them at a column width, I finally had to copy the contents to another
        > text editor, delete the existing doc, and create a NEW doc.
        >
        > Jeff
        Does the %nl% figure in here somewhere? I don't have standard/light
        running most of the time, so I have never seen this behavior. Just pop
        for the pro version ... the easy fix :-) If you want to email me a copy
        of the file, I'll try it in light and see if I have the same problem.

        Don
      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
          I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
          NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.

          I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
          later fix in the next version.

          Jeff
        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
            Jeffery Scism wrote:

            >I am not having the problem currently, I reinstalled to a new HD, and
            >NEVER set the "Wrap to Column" since- so avoid the bug.
            >
            >I did have a problem with it last year, and reported it as a "bug" for
            >later fix in the next version.
            >
            >Jeff

            Additional: hat bug was in the FIND in all open docs or the Directory
            search function in Notetab Standard, (control +D search).

            The search function was not finding multiline search criteria in HTML
            documents. Any lines that "broke ( ^P) would not be found.

            WE worked out a REGEX search that did a fair job, but was also flukey.

            The end solution was a uninstall and reinstall to an alternate
            directory, and a copy off and re-creation of the affected pages as
            anew text/html document, which had NEVER had "wrap to column" set for
            it. Apparently the sytem remembers that a document had in the past been
            "wrapped" and that process is a problem when searching to do global
            replacements. (some hidden coding changes...)

            (I started the mess by trying to turn ON wordwrap, and mistakenly set
            "wrap to column" in a global template- thus corrupting 5,000 webpages I
            had created with that template).

            Jody has spent hours with me trying to get it straight, and we finally did.

            (Jody is a GREAT person!)

            Jeff

            --
            ~~

            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

            "He who throws stones is providing an enemy with ammunition, and an idea of it's application."

            Benjamin Franklin

            S250 DNA Project
            Crawley DNA Project
            Montgomery County Indiana USGenWeb site