Re: [NTB] Re: increase of footnotes

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2005
      roodzwijntje wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am the friend Adrien talked about. Let me clarify what we want:
      > right now we mark up our HTML pages with NoteTab and I created some
      > paste clips that add

      > as footnotes in the main text.
      > The actual footnotes look like this:

      > <a name="1" href="#top1">[1]</a>

      > <a name="2" href="#top2">[2]</a>
      >
      > Now, these are all separate paste clips, so every time you need to
      > click on another paste clip, which can be a big nuisance if we are
      > talking about more than twenty footnotes.
      >
      > So, what we basically want is one single clip you can click on, after
      > which you get <a name="top1" href="#1">[1]</a>. The second time you
      > click on the same clip you get <a name="top2" href="#2">[2]</a> , etc.
      > Is that possible?
      >
      > Just to clarify: if you are editing a text and you see a footnote as
      > [1] we want this to be changed into
      > <a name="top1" href="#1">[1]</a> which we now do by clicking on this
      > one particular clip. Very handy indeed, but then you go furter into
      > the text, then you see [2], which you immediately transform into <a
      > name="top2" href="#2">[2]</a> with another paste clip. What we would
      > like to have is one single clip that combines all this, since the left
      > pane becomes overcrowded when you have more than twenty footnotes.
      >
      > Hope this is clear enough!

      >>> (anchors). Is it theoretical possibel to make a clip that automatic
      >>> increase?
      >>
      >>> I mean, starting with footnote 1, the next footnote is 2, etc. ?
      >>> Like this:
      >>> <a name="top1" href="#1">[1]</a> ....text.....
      >>> <a name="top2" href="#2">[2]</a> ...text.
      >>
      >>> Thanks.

      Adrien, roodzwijntje,

      First, we should move this discussion to an appropriate list, this is a
      list for basic NoteTab question/answers. The Clips list would probably
      be best since this requires a clip, but, the html list would be a close
      second.

      The addresses that follow should get you subscribed to either, or both,
      if you aren't already subscribed.

      ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      ntb-html-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      I have at least one idea but need more info.

      Are you adding the footnote text also or just the numbered reference to
      the footnote?

      rood's example
      <a name="1" href="#top1">[1]</a>

      adrien's example
      <a name="top1" href="#1">[1]</a> ....text.....

      Is the bracketed number - [1] - already present in the correct location
      or is it to be added?

      Please answer back on the Clips list, I will CC this to that list.

      ºvº
      05.05.28
      hrs > hsavage@...