F8 causes errors
- Hi everybody,
I resolved the F8 browser error problem.
It seems that Note Tab interprets a space in the browser
path as the end of the path and assumes a ".exe" extension.
The path C:\Program Files\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe produced
the error "Cannot find C:\Program.exe......."
Removing the space between "Program" and "Files" changed
the path to C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe and produced
the error "Cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe..."
(It was an error because the folder "ProgramFiles" didn't exist.
IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.2 came up okay if no path was specified anywhere
but when I specified their paths (which include "Program Files")in the
Browser.dat file or the main browser:/other browser input fields, or
both, they did't start.
I created a new folder "ProgramFiles" (one word - no space)and
installed NetCaptor in it. Then in Browsers.dat specifying
Command=C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe caused it to work
in all three "main browser:" options- blank, section name and
full path. It DID NOT work at all if the path was not specified
in the Browser.dat file.
I also discovered that as I was changing all sorts of stuff around,
some changes took effect immediately while others required closing
Note Tab and restarting. Until I discovered that, I was like a dog
chasing his/her tail around and around and....
Okaaaaay, so now I'm a happy camper- Luuuv Note Tab!