F8 causes errors

  • broompilot@softhome.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2005
      Hi everybody,

      I resolved the F8 browser error problem.
      It seems that Note Tab interprets a space in the browser
      path as the end of the path and assumes a ".exe" extension.

      The path C:\Program Files\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe produced
      the error "Cannot find C:\Program.exe......."

      Removing the space between "Program" and "Files" changed
      the path to C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe and produced
      the error "Cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe..."
      (It was an error because the folder "ProgramFiles" didn't exist.

      IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.2 came up okay if no path was specified anywhere
      but when I specified their paths (which include "Program Files")in the
      Browser.dat file or the main browser:/other browser input fields, or
      both, they did't start.

      I created a new folder "ProgramFiles" (one word - no space)and
      installed NetCaptor in it. Then in Browsers.dat specifying
      Command=C:\ProgramFiles\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe caused it to work
      in all three "main browser:" options- blank, section name and
      full path. It DID NOT work at all if the path was not specified
      in the Browser.dat file.

      I also discovered that as I was changing all sorts of stuff around,
      some changes took effect immediately while others required closing
      Note Tab and restarting. Until I discovered that, I was like a dog
      chasing his/her tail around and around and....

      Okaaaaay, so now I'm a happy camper- Luuuv Note Tab!

      David