Cursor in NoteTab

  • Jock
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2005
      NoteTab Pro 4.95/np.

      When I bring up a minimized programme on top of NotePad, and use
      the cursor in this programme, the cursor position is lost when
      going back to NoteTab.

      Is there a cure?

      -
      Regards, Jock.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2005
        Jock wrote:

        > NoteTab Pro 4.95/np.
        >
        > When I bring up a minimized programme on top of NotePad, and use
        > the cursor in this programme, the cursor position is lost when
        > going back to NoteTab.
        >
        > Is there a cure?
        >
        > -
        > Regards, Jock.

        Jock,

        If you will take care to click anywhere on the NoteTab interface, other
        than the area of the edit window, to re-focus NoteTab you shouldn't have
        a problem.

        If that doesn't help another app may be interfering with NoteTab.

        For me, the cursor never moves from position it was in when NoteTab was
        de-focused if the re-focus is properly done.

        That's a critical function, without which, each clip would require
        several additional clip lines.

        ºvº
        05.05.27
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • kitPATh
        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2005
          No problem here, either. I've been using the task bar and ntp returns to the same cursor position (and/or selected text) in either/any program. Clicking on the title bar of ntp also works for me. I'm using xp. Does it matter if we have general option set to save position and size?

          -pat

          Message 4 of 6 , May 28, 2005
            >> Jock wrote:
            >>
            >>> NoteTab Pro 4.95/np.
            >>>
            >>> When I bring up a minimized programme on top of NotePad, and use
            >>> the cursor in this programme, the cursor position is lost when
            >>> going back to NoteTab.
            >>>
            >>> Is there a cure?
            >>>
            >>> -
            >>> Regards, Jock.
            >>
            >> Jock,
            >>
            >> If you will take care to click anywhere on the NoteTab interface, other
            >> than the area of the edit window, to re-focus NoteTab you shouldn't
            have
            >> a problem.
            >>
            >> If that doesn't help another app may be interfering with NoteTab.
            >>
            >> For me, the cursor never moves from position it was in when NoteTab was
            >> de-focused if the re-focus is properly done.
            >
            > kitPATh wrote:
            >
            > No problem here, either. I've been using the task bar and ntp
            > returns to the same cursor position (and/or selected text)
            > in either/any program. Clicking on the title bar of ntp
            > also works for me. I'm using xp. Does it matter if we have
            > general option set to save position and size?
            >
            > -pat

            Pat,

            In addition to 'Save position and size' on the General tab, if you right
            click on the titlebar one of the options is 'Save window state', I use
            that also.

            Additionally the Windows hotkey, 'Alt+Tab' will re-focus NoteTab and
            also retain cursor position in NoteTab.

            ºvº
            05.05.28
            hrs > hsavage@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              Hi Jock,

              >When I bring up a minimized programme on top of NotePad, and use
              >the cursor in this programme, the cursor position is lost when
              >going back to NoteTab.

              I tried to replicate the problem in Pro and Std/Light, but could not.

              You might try a new INI file.

              I'd first try opening NoteTab's INI file found in its main folder
              (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
              so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
              the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
              in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

              If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
              so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
              doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
              and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
              Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
              actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

              If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
              rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
              looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
              INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
              get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
              pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
              exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
              and restart NoteTab.

              If you are in Std/Light, you might try installing a new copy of
              your riched32.dll.

              Make sure you have your permissions set to write to the files in
              the main NoteTab folder. You might also try storing your settings
              in the system registry under the Advanced tab in Options.

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List

              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            • Jock
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                > Hi Jock,
                >
                > >When I bring up a minimized programme on top of NotePad, and use
                > >the cursor in this programme, the cursor position is lost when
                > >going back to NoteTab.
                >
                > I tried to replicate the problem in Pro and Std/Light, but could
                not.

                > You might try a new INI file.
                >
                > I'd first try opening NoteTab's INI file found in its main folder
                > (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
                > so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
                > the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
                > in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.
                >
                > If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
                > so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
                > doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
                > and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
                > Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
                > actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.
                >
                > If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
                > rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
                > looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
                > INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
                > get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
                > pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
                > exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
                > and restart NoteTab.
                >
                > If you are in Std/Light, you might try installing a new copy of
                > your riched32.dll.
                >
                > Make sure you have your permissions set to write to the files in
                > the main NoteTab folder. You might also try storing your settings
                > in the system registry under the Advanced tab in Options.

                Thanks, but that's awfully complicated.

                I'll try the other suggestions first and if not will come back
                to this reply.

                Thanks to all who responded.

                --
                Jock.