Re: [NTB] NoteTab and XP (SP2)

  • Jason W.
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24 7:13 AM
      > On Tue, 24 May 2005, harvsegal wrote:

      > > Can someone please update me on the position with
      > > NoteTab running on SP2.
      > >
      > > I installed SP2 last year and found problems getting it
      > > to replace Notepad.

      Harvey,

      Last I knew, Jody was working on a clip to do that but I'm not sure if
      it ever got done. You can replace Notepad if you go spelunking in your
      Windows directory and delete a couple of files, but it's not for the
      faint of heart.

      On 5/24/05, Patricia Tidmarsh <patricia@...> wrote:

      > Isnt there an SP3 now? If so, has anyone used it? I had to uninstall SP2
      > because it caused problems.

      Patricia,

      There's a possibility that MS might release SP3 but I don't think it's
      confirmed yet.

      --
      HTH, YMMV, HANW :)

      Jason

      EL-M Computer Help List - Computer help for listowners and list moderators
      http://groups-beta.google.com/group/EL-M-ComputerHelp/about

      On June 1, 2001, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, told the Chicago
      Sun-Times: "Linux is cancer." Unsurprisingly that's incorrect; LINUX
      was released on August 25th 1991 and is therefore a Virgo.
    • Roy Herring
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24 1:49 PM
        Has anyone found a way to make Notetab the default editor for files that
        have no extension?
        I was wondering if there was a way to "fool" it using this technique for
        txt:
        Options;Associations;type in txt and then click on the Add button.

        Thanks,
        Roy

        Message 3 of 8 , May 24 4:25 PM
          Roy:

          Not tested, but in other applications I've seen using just "." without
          quotes as the extension work. Might be worth a shot.

          Regards ... Alec
          --
          ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

          Message 4 of 8 , May 24 5:26 PM
            Hi Roy,

            Please discuss the following on the Off Topic list where I posted a
            procedure to open any file in NoteTab from the main Windows Explorer
            right click menu. I do not suggest you do this if you are not at least
            a little bit familiar with the registry.

            >Has anyone found a way to make Notetab the default editor for
            >files that have no extension?
            >I was wondering if there was a way to "fool" it using this
            >technique for txt:
            > Options;Associations;type in txt and then click on the Add button.

            If you are comfortable with editing the registry manually or with a .reg file...

            Sign up for the NoteTab Off Topic list and look for a message called:

            Open Anything with NoteTab Pro

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            This might get you there, <g>

            You might want to click on the View Source link, select,
            copy, paste in NoteTab. Check to make sure your browser
            did not add spaces at the end of the lines and that the
            lines did not get wrapped.

            Happy Tab'n,