mis-alignment of spreedsheets

  • Eyes4Green
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2005
      Hi here, When I use NoteTabLite to align collumns of a spreadsheet for
      posting on a message board, all the alignments come out weird. It
      works fine with msNotepad. Do I have a setting wrong? Or did I not
      have a setting right? Wordwrap is off, btw. Thanks.....e4g
    • Eyes4Green
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eyes4Green" <bgeddes@b...> wrote:
        > Hi here, When I use NoteTabLite to align collumns of a spreadsheet
        for
        > posting on a message board, all the alignments come out weird. It
        > works fine with msNotepad. Do I have a setting wrong? Or did I not
        > have a setting right? Wordwrap is off, btw. Thanks.....e4g

        Any clues as to using NoteTabLite (or Pro) as an aligner of
        spreadsheets to be posted on websites? .... the competition
        [editpadlite & msNotePad] does it, but, Notepad has many more features
        and a better interface, ...I would rather not have 2 programs.
        Clues? ...bg
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2005
          Hi bg,

          >> Hi here, When I use NoteTabLite to align collumns of a
          >> spreadsheet for posting on a message board, all the alignments
          >> come out weird. It works fine with msNotepad. Do I have a
          >> setting wrong? Or did I not have a setting right? Wordwrap is
          >> off, btw. Thanks.....e4g
          >
          >Any clues as to using NoteTabLite (or Pro) as an aligner of
          >spreadsheets to be posted on websites? .... the competition
          >[editpadlite & msNotePad] does it, but, Notepad has many more
          >features and a better interface, ...I would rather not have 2
          >programs. Clues? ...bg

          That can be done with Clip(s) making a table in the HTML file.
          Also, You can spread your tab width distance to a size large
          enough so that the columns align evenly and then convert to
          spaces using Modify | Spaces | Tabs to Spaces (in Pro only).

          I have a Clip that will convert real or smart tabs to spaces
          leaving two spaces between the longest column item you have. You
          can get it at my Tabs2Spaces Clip on my Snatch-A-Clip page.
          You'll need to convert your delimiter (between columns to a real
          tab or at least two spaces in order to use the Clip.
          If you need to discuss the Clip, please post over on the Clips
          list. http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm
          http://www.notetab.net/html/tab2space.htm

          Happy Clip'n!