Minimizing outline documents

  • Mike Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2005
      Hi. I have this problem on both my home and work PCs.

      I usually have several tabs open throughout the day, with one of those
      tabs being an OTL file.

      At some point (I wish I could be more specific), I am simply unable to
      minimize the Notetab window to the taskbar. CLick click click,
      nothing. I have to close down Notetab and restart it; then I'm able to
      minimize the window several times before the minimize function again
      become non-functional.

      I searched on this in the message archives here but couldn't find any
      message that seemed to relate to what I'm experiencing.

      Thanks!

      Mike
      Durham, NC
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2005
        Mike Brown wrote:

        > Hi. I have this problem on both my home and work PCs.
        >
        > I usually have several tabs open throughout the day, with one of those
        > tabs being an OTL file.
        >
        > At some point (I wish I could be more specific), I am simply unable to
        > minimize the Notetab window to the taskbar.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Mike
        > Durham, NC

        Mike,

        Are you perhaps using an older version of Windows, 98 or earlier? If so
        the problem may be connected with the poor memory management of the
        older os'es.

        Before upgrading my system, and with prolonged usage per session and
        with several terminate, stay resident, (TSR's) I had all kinds of
        strange behaviour.

        If you are using an older os, the only 3 things I can suggest are;

        Increase your ram
        Try a software memory salvaging utility
        Shut down some of the programs you're running in the background.

        If these don't help change the way you work or upgrade to a different
        operating system, I've had no recurrence of any of the quirks since
        upgrading to XP, including Home and Pro.

        ºvº
        05.05.21
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • Mike Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , May 22, 2005
          My bad--I should have mentioned my OS's. I use XP at home, Win 2000 at
          work.

          Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into them.