[NTB] Re: Pasteboard beep - how to disable

  • bmckenna6
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2005
      Ben,

      Excellent suggestion on the sound file. Belongs in the great NoteTab
      Help.

      > Incidently, on my system at least, leaving the "Paste Sound" field
      blank
      > does not use the PC speaker but rather the "default beep" sound
      file.

      By 'PC speaker,' my guess is that you are referring to something like
      desktop speakers.

      All PCs come equipped with a speaker in its case which has to be
      connected to the mainboard. It is from this speaker that the default
      beep sounds forth. These built-in speakers (which can't be used by
      soundcards) have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. My
      newest one is so small it almost looks like nothing is there. Which
      is why 'so small' is perfect for the pipsqueak beep, if we let it be
      heard.

      I've never owned desktop/soundcard speakers specifically for my PCs.
      I have always connected my (onboard) soundcards directly to my stereo
      system.

      Perhaps that's why I was blissfully unoffended by no beep. I have my
      NoteTab Pro almost always open, with about 75 files open and
      accessible in Quick List, including one called PasteBoard.txt. My
      soundcard has been enabled for sometime, but my speakers (that input
      on my stereo receiver) are connected to another system which is the
      only one I use for any multimedia.

      I haven't heard a beep for a long time on this system and so I had
      need to reactivate the PC speaker (which evidently requires
      uninstalling the soundcard, though I'm not sure if that should make
      total sense) for reasons as I noted earlier.

      Thanks folks.

      Barry