Re: [NTB] Regex Support for %n matches

  • Ben B
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2005
      On Monday, May 16, 2005
      romankelly911 wrote regarding "[NTB] Regex Support for %n matches";

      > I have been attempting to use the %n replacement options with no
      > success. Does anyone know if there is any alternative way to re-insert
      > a variable subpattern into the replacment?

      It sounds as though you are referring to what the help file calls
      "tagged matches".

      Here is what it has to say (edited a bit for clarity):

      "A regular expression enclosed in curly braces {} forms a tagged match
      word. Tagged match words may not be nested. Open and close braces must
      be balanced. A maximum of nine tagged match words can be referenced by
      the Replace expression.

      "Whatever was matched within the braces may be referred to by a Replace
      expression when "\" is followed by a single digit in the range of 1
      through 9. In this case the tagged match word found by the Find
      expression is used in the resulting replacement text. If a tagged match
      word for that tag number was not defined, or if the tagged match word
      doesn't match anything, then nothing is output. The tagged match words
      can be used in any order and can be repeated any number of times."

      If this doesn't answer your question or if you have further questions
      they should probably be addressed to the NoteTab Clips List as our
      moderator wants this list to focus only on "the *_very basic_* use of
      NoteTab".

      HTH
      Ben