RE: [NTB] Show Open Dialog Box in specific Directory

  • Appleby, James E
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2005
      Set up a NoteTab Icon on your task bar or desktop (do this once). To
      open files, open the Windows Explorer; navigate to the desired directory
      / file; highlight the filename; then drag and drop the file onto the
      NoteTab icon. If you highlight more than one filename (By holding down
      the Ctrl key) you can open multiple files with one drag & drop.

      Jim A.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2005
        Hi hwitche,

        >Dear Nottabbers,

        That be we, says I, matey. If it pleases you, Captain, belay that
        "Dear" part for the dear lassies on the list. :-)

        >I made this akward contruction to see all my files in a DIR:
        >
        >OPEN "THE_FOLDER"
        >^!KEYBOARD ALT+F O Tab Tab Tab Tab Tab D DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
        >DOWN Enter Tab Tab Tab DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN Enter DOWN DOWN DOWN
        >DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN Enter DOWN Enter
        >
        >I'm sure there must be a simpler way to jump directly into a
        >folder to choose the file I want to open.

        Please sign up for the Clips list to discuss Clips. Yes, there is
        a much easier route to take. Probably a few. Please, do read the
        following! TIA

        either of the links below.

        _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to
        and some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep
        the lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting
        replies from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives,
        and other things as well.

        - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
        Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
        immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

        Basic Help With HTML (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help).
        Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help).
        Getting Started Making a Web Page (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help).

        - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists
        such as Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to that list. You
        can copy the sender of say a Clips question and send your reply
        to the Clips list.

        - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
        reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

        - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
        line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
        the same message body of the last message received that you are
        replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
        the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
        I blockquote?) for people that sre using filters and so the same
        message thread can be followed easier.

        - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
        on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
        competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
        say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
        then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
        the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
        to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
        every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
        cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

        + WHICH LIST to post on???

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        lists.

        Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
        http://www.fookes.us ;) Thank$

        Export messages from many popular mail programs to other formats!
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail (A hot item! It's a must have tool
        for eMail conversion and archiving and compress. Make really neat
        CDs using the MHT format for browsers.

        Take care,

        and even thou doest err some! ;)
        http://clean-funnies.com
        http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
      • Alex Plantema
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2005
          Op vrijdag 6 mei 2005 06:50 schreef hwitche:

          > I made this akward contruction to see all my files in a DIR:
          >
          > OPEN "THE_FOLDER"
          > ^!KEYBOARD ALT+F O Tab Tab Tab Tab Tab D DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
          > Enter Tab Tab Tab DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN Enter DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
          > DOWN DOWN DOWN Enter DOWN Enter
          >
          > I'm sure there must be a simpler way to jump directly into a folder to
          > choose the file I want to open.
          > But how can I do this?

          You can prefix the file name with the path name, or enter a path name only to jump to the directory.

          Alex.