Re: [NTB] tabs wont reorder (drag)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
      donaldhines wrote:

      >>> Donald said:
      >>> My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
      >>> my tabs to reorder them.
      >
      > I have
      > X Show File Extensions
      > X Show Tab Icons
      > O Stack Tabs (not checked)
      > X Show Name As Tooltip
      >
      > I'm quite baffled.
      >
      > Donald

      Donald,

      There are 2 quick things you can try,

      1. Load NotePro.ini into NoteTab, saveas, !NotePro.ini, a leading
      exclamation point, completely close and restart.NoteTab. If that
      doesn't help try #2.

      2. Close NTP, preserve NotePro.ini by renaming or moving to another
      folder, ensure there is no NotePro.ini in the main folder. Restart NTP,
      you now have a brand new .ini file.

      If this doesn't solve your problem maybe we can come up with a few
      further suggestions.

      ºvº
      05.04.05
      hrs > hsavage@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
        Hi Donald,

        I hate to mention this because of insulting your intelligence,
        but make sure the document is not in the read-only state. Look
        under the Document menu, last item. Or, just try to type in or
        drag/drop something else. I cannot replicate your problem in
        NoteTab Pro 4.95. A long shot for a fix would be a new INI file.

        I'd first try opening NoteTab's INI file found in its main folder
        (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
        so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
        the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
        in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

        If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
        so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
        doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
        and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
        Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
        actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

        If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
        rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
        looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
        INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
        get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
        pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
        exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
        and restart NoteTab.

        >My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
        >my tabs to reorder them.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
          donaldhines wrote:

          >>> Donald said:
          >>> My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
          >>> my tabs to reorder them.
          >>
          > Which is exactly the same settings I've had for years.
          > As a matter of fact, its the same settings as my wife's
          > copy of notetab (Yes, I DID pay for two copies! :) )
          > And she can drag and drop her tabs without any problems.
          >
          > I'm quite baffled.
          >
          > Donald

          Donald,

          A third choice I forgot, copy your wife's ini file to your computer.

          ºvº
          05.04.05
          hrs > hsavage@...
        • donaldhines
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
            > I cannot replicate your problem in NoteTab Pro 4.95.

            Thats because you don't have a flaky mouse controler.
            I KNEW it was something stupid.
            Worked and worked on this, then started noticing strange
            behavior in some other applications.
            In NoteTab I could drag and drop text, but not tabs.
            In Explorer I could cut and paste files, but I couldn't
            drag a file from one window to another.
            In Java apps I couldn't click on any buttons at ALL.

            Obviously the problem was outside of Notetab.
            I had rebooted half a dozen times, but I hadn't actually
            POWERED DOWN. So, a full powerdown and sit for 30 seconds
            and suddenly everything works again.

            It looks like my IOGear 2-port ps/2 kvm switch has gone
            flaky. Time for a replacement. But I must admit that
            I have NEVER heard of anything like this. I could
            drag and drop text, but not tabs? VERY flaky.

            <sigh> Thank you VERY much for the help folks, and
            sorry for the false alarm.

            Donald