Re: [NTB] tabs wont reorder (drag)

  • dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
      Hi
      Goto options probably under view .
      THAKYOU DAVE

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "donaldhines" <tr6vb6z02@...>
      To: <notetab@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:02 PM
      Subject: [NTB] tabs wont reorder (drag)

      > Ok, I've done something really stupid and I can't figure out what.
      > My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop my tabs
      > to reorder them.
      >
      > I'm using Notetab Pro 4.9 full.
      > My tabs are NOT stacked.
      >
      > What setting have I accidentally messed with, and where do I go to
      > undo it!!! :)
      >
      > Any help greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Donald

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • donaldhines
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
        > >Donald said:
        > > My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
        > > my tabs to reorder them.
        >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
        > Goto options probably under view .

        Been there, multiple times. :)

        I have
        X Show File Extensions
        X Show Tab Icons
        O Stack Tabs (not checked)
        X Show Name As Tooltip

        Which is exactly the same settings I've had for years.
        As a matter of fact, its the same settings as my wifes
        copy of notetab (Yes, I DID pay for two copies! :) )
        And she can drag and drop her tabs without any problems.

        I'm quite baffled.

        Donald
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
          donaldhines wrote:

          >>> Donald said:
          >>> My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
          >>> my tabs to reorder them.
          >
          > I have
          > X Show File Extensions
          > X Show Tab Icons
          > O Stack Tabs (not checked)
          > X Show Name As Tooltip
          >
          > I'm quite baffled.
          >
          > Donald

          Donald,

          There are 2 quick things you can try,

          1. Load NotePro.ini into NoteTab, saveas, !NotePro.ini, a leading
          exclamation point, completely close and restart.NoteTab. If that
          doesn't help try #2.

          2. Close NTP, preserve NotePro.ini by renaming or moving to another
          folder, ensure there is no NotePro.ini in the main folder. Restart NTP,
          you now have a brand new .ini file.

          If this doesn't solve your problem maybe we can come up with a few
          further suggestions.

          ºvº
          05.04.05
          hrs > hsavage@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
            Hi Donald,

            I hate to mention this because of insulting your intelligence,
            but make sure the document is not in the read-only state. Look
            under the Document menu, last item. Or, just try to type in or
            drag/drop something else. I cannot replicate your problem in
            NoteTab Pro 4.95. A long shot for a fix would be a new INI file.

            I'd first try opening NoteTab's INI file found in its main folder
            (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
            so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
            the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
            in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

            If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
            so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
            doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
            and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
            Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
            actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

            If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
            rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
            looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
            INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
            get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
            pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
            exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
            and restart NoteTab.

            >My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
            >my tabs to reorder them.

            Happy Tab'n,

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
              donaldhines wrote:

              >>> Donald said:
              >>> My tabs won't reorder anymore. Meaning I can't drag and drop
              >>> my tabs to reorder them.
              >>
              > Which is exactly the same settings I've had for years.
              > As a matter of fact, its the same settings as my wife's
              > copy of notetab (Yes, I DID pay for two copies! :) )
              > And she can drag and drop her tabs without any problems.
              >
              > I'm quite baffled.
              >
              > Donald

              Donald,

              A third choice I forgot, copy your wife's ini file to your computer.

              ºvº
              05.04.05
              hrs > hsavage@...
            • donaldhines
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2005
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                > I cannot replicate your problem in NoteTab Pro 4.95.

                Thats because you don't have a flaky mouse controler.
                I KNEW it was something stupid.
                Worked and worked on this, then started noticing strange
                behavior in some other applications.
                In NoteTab I could drag and drop text, but not tabs.
                In Explorer I could cut and paste files, but I couldn't
                drag a file from one window to another.
                In Java apps I couldn't click on any buttons at ALL.

                Obviously the problem was outside of Notetab.
                I had rebooted half a dozen times, but I hadn't actually
                POWERED DOWN. So, a full powerdown and sit for 30 seconds
                and suddenly everything works again.

                It looks like my IOGear 2-port ps/2 kvm switch has gone
                flaky. Time for a replacement. But I must admit that
                I have NEVER heard of anything like this. I could
                drag and drop text, but not tabs? VERY flaky.

                <sigh> Thank you VERY much for the help folks, and
                sorry for the false alarm.

                Donald