Re: How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

  • Subu S
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4 8:29 PM
      Thanks for the reply

      What is NTS, is this Note Tab Settings ?

      Because when change the font and post the blog I can' read tamil

      What are your other settings - related to fonts ? charecters ? etc.

      Thanks in advance

      Regards

      Subu

      >Hi
      >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
      it and
      >it
      >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE

      Message: 8
      Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:01:32 +1000
      From: "dave" <dmc43959@...>
      Subject: Re: How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

      >Hi
      >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
      it and
      >it
      >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5 5:43 AM
        Hi
        NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you copy and
        paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can display tamil
        ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard setting to
        tamil.
        THANKYOU DAVE

        > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
        >
        > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
        > using Notetab
        >
        > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
        > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
        >
        > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
        > BROWSER
        >
        > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
        > Unicode Tamil font)
        >
        > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
        > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
        >

        > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
        >
        > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
        > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        >
        > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
        >
        > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
        > charecters on NoteTab
        >

        > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
        >
        > Subramaniam

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mail_to_subu
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5 12:00 PM
          Hi

          Thanks for this help

          Re. displaying Tamil
          ------------------------
          However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
          and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
          Tamil

          Re. Typing in Tamil
          --------------------------
          As of now I am ONLY looking at display.

          I'd hasten to add, Thanks for your help on typing, and I WILL use
          these tips when I try typing in unicode Tamil

          Regards

          Subramaniam

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
          > Hi
          > NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you
          copy and
          > paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can
          display tamil
          > ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard
          setting to
          > tamil.
          > THANKYOU DAVE

        • loro
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5 12:42 PM
            mail_to_subu wrote:
            >However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
            >and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
            >Tamil

            Dave said paste into NotePAD, not NoteTAB. :-)
            Notepad, on later Windows, understands Unicode. NoteTab does not.

            Lotta