Re: [NTB] How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

  • dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hi
      me again try pasteing the blog into notepad it works ,notepad displays
      tamil
      THANKYOU DAVE
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
        Thanks for the reply

        What is NTS, is this Note Tab Settings ?

        Because when change the font and post the blog I can' read tamil

        What are your other settings - related to fonts ? charecters ? etc.

        Thanks in advance

        Regards

        Subu

        >Hi
        >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
        it and
        >it
        >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE

        Message: 8
        Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:01:32 +1000
        From: "dave" <dmc43959@...>
        Subject: Re: How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

        >Hi
        >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
        it and
        >it
        >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • dave
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
          Hi
          NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you copy and
          paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can display tamil
          ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard setting to
          tamil.
          THANKYOU DAVE

          > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
          >
          > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
          > using Notetab
          >
          > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
          > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
          >
          > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
          > BROWSER
          >
          > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
          > Unicode Tamil font)
          >
          > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
          > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
          >

          > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
          >
          > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
          > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          >
          > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
          >
          > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
          > charecters on NoteTab
          >

          > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
          >
          > Subramaniam

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • mail_to_subu
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
            Hi

            Thanks for this help

            Re. displaying Tamil
            ------------------------
            However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
            and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
            Tamil

            Re. Typing in Tamil
            --------------------------
            As of now I am ONLY looking at display.

            I'd hasten to add, Thanks for your help on typing, and I WILL use
            these tips when I try typing in unicode Tamil

            Regards

            Subramaniam

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
            > Hi
            > NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you
            copy and
            > paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can
            display tamil
            > ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard
            setting to
            > tamil.
            > THANKYOU DAVE

          • loro
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
              mail_to_subu wrote:
              >However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
              >and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
              >Tamil

              Dave said paste into NotePAD, not NoteTAB. :-)
              Notepad, on later Windows, understands Unicode. NoteTab does not.

              Lotta