Re: [NTB] How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

  • dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4 7:01 AM
      Hi
      you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into it and it
      displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.

      THANKYOU DAVE
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4 7:18 AM
        Hi
        me again try pasteing the blog into notepad it works ,notepad displays
        tamil
        THANKYOU DAVE
        > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
        >
        > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
        > using Notetab
        >
        > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
        > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
        >
        > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
        > BROWSER
        >
        > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
        > Unicode Tamil font)
        >
        > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
        > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
        >

        > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
        >
        > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
        > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        >
        > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
        >
        > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
        > charecters on NoteTab
        >

        > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
        >
        > Subramaniam

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Subu S
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4 8:29 PM
          Thanks for the reply

          What is NTS, is this Note Tab Settings ?

          Because when change the font and post the blog I can' read tamil

          What are your other settings - related to fonts ? charecters ? etc.

          Thanks in advance

          Regards

          Subu

          >Hi
          >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
          it and
          >it
          >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
          >
          > THANKYOU DAVE

          Message: 8
          Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:01:32 +1000
          From: "dave" <dmc43959@...>
          Subject: Re: How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

          >Hi
          >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
          it and
          >it
          >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
          >
          > THANKYOU DAVE

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
        • dave
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5 5:43 AM
            Hi
            NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you copy and
            paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can display tamil
            ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard setting to
            tamil.
            THANKYOU DAVE

            > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
            >
            > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
            > using Notetab
            >
            > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
            > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
            >
            > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
            > BROWSER
            >
            > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
            > Unicode Tamil font)
            >
            > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
            > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
            >

            > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
            >
            > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
            > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            >
            > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
            >
            > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
            > charecters on NoteTab
            >

            > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
            >
            > Subramaniam

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • mail_to_subu
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5 12:00 PM
              Hi

              Thanks for this help

              Re. displaying Tamil
              ------------------------
              However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
              and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
              Tamil

              Re. Typing in Tamil
              --------------------------
              As of now I am ONLY looking at display.

              I'd hasten to add, Thanks for your help on typing, and I WILL use
              these tips when I try typing in unicode Tamil

              Regards

              Subramaniam

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
              > Hi
              > NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you
              copy and
              > paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can
              display tamil
              > ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard
              setting to
              > tamil.
              > THANKYOU DAVE

            • loro
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5 12:42 PM
                mail_to_subu wrote:
                >However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
                >and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
                >Tamil

                Dave said paste into NotePAD, not NoteTAB. :-)
                Notepad, on later Windows, understands Unicode. NoteTab does not.

                Lotta