How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

  • mail_to_subu
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hi members

      1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95

      2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
      using Notetab

      3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
      e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/

      4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
      BROWSER

      5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
      Unicode Tamil font)

      6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
      characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab

      Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla

      After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself

      Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
      charecters on NoteTab

      Thanks in advance for your time and efforts

      Subramaniam
    • loro
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
        Subramaniam wrote:
        >2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
        >using Notetab

        I'm afraid you are out of luck. Notetab doesn't support Unicode.

        Lotta
      • dave
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
          Hi
          you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into it and it
          displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.

          THANKYOU DAVE
          > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
          >
          > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
          > using Notetab
          >
          > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
          > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
          >
          > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
          > BROWSER
          >
          > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
          > Unicode Tamil font)
          >
          > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
          > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
          >

          > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
          >
          > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
          > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          >
          > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
          >
          > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
          > charecters on NoteTab
          >

          > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
          >
          > Subramaniam

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • dave
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
            Hi
            me again try pasteing the blog into notepad it works ,notepad displays
            tamil
            THANKYOU DAVE
            > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
            >
            > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
            > using Notetab
            >
            > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
            > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
            >
            > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
            > BROWSER
            >
            > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
            > Unicode Tamil font)
            >
            > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
            > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
            >

            > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
            >
            > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
            > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            >
            > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
            >
            > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
            > charecters on NoteTab
            >

            > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
            >
            > Subramaniam

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Subu S
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
              Thanks for the reply

              What is NTS, is this Note Tab Settings ?

              Because when change the font and post the blog I can' read tamil

              What are your other settings - related to fonts ? charecters ? etc.

              Thanks in advance

              Regards

              Subu

              >Hi
              >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
              it and
              >it
              >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
              >
              > THANKYOU DAVE

              Message: 8
              Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:01:32 +1000
              From: "dave" <dmc43959@...>
              Subject: Re: How to read Unicode Tamil on Notetab

              >Hi
              >you could try notepad I pasted latha from the Character map into
              it and
              >it
              >displayed ,selected the font in NTS and text did not change.
              >
              > THANKYOU DAVE

              http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
            • dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
                Hi
                NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you copy and
                paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can display tamil
                ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard setting to
                tamil.
                THANKYOU DAVE

                > 1. I'm using Win XP and Note Tab light 4.95
                >
                > 2. I wish to read UNICODE Tamil (an Indian Language on UNICODE)
                > using Notetab
                >
                > 3. I CAN read Unicode on my **BROWSER** - Mozilla 1.7.6. For
                > e.g. I can read the blog at http://manapathivu.blogspot.com/
                >
                > 4. I've checked other unicode blogs too. I can read them in my
                > BROWSER
                >
                > 5. In my Windows -> Fonts, Latha font IS installed (this is a
                > Unicode Tamil font)
                >
                > 6. But if I cut and paste the above blog on NoteTab I CANNOT read the
                > characters (Tamil Unicode ) on Notetab
                >

                > Can read unicode Tamil in -> BROWSER -> Mozilla
                >
                > After cut and paste Can NOT read unicode Tamil in -> Note Tab
                > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                >
                > I've checked the Notetab help. Couldn't figure it out myself
                >
                > Can someone please tell me how to display unicode TAMIL
                > charecters on NoteTab
                >

                > Thanks in advance for your time and efforts
                >
                > Subramaniam

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • mail_to_subu
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
                  Hi

                  Thanks for this help

                  Re. displaying Tamil
                  ------------------------
                  However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
                  and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
                  Tamil

                  Re. Typing in Tamil
                  --------------------------
                  As of now I am ONLY looking at display.

                  I'd hasten to add, Thanks for your help on typing, and I WILL use
                  these tips when I try typing in unicode Tamil

                  Regards

                  Subramaniam

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@b...> wrote:
                  > Hi
                  > NTS is notetab standard and it can not display tamil BUT If you
                  copy and
                  > paste you blog page into notepad set the font to latha it can
                  display tamil
                  > ,to type tamil you would probably have to change you keyboard
                  setting to
                  > tamil.
                  > THANKYOU DAVE

                • loro
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
                    mail_to_subu wrote:
                    >However I've tried to do exactly as what you have said - (i.e.) cut
                    >and paste and change font to Latha ... but still it does NOT display
                    >Tamil

                    Dave said paste into NotePAD, not NoteTAB. :-)
                    Notepad, on later Windows, understands Unicode. NoteTab does not.

                    Lotta