How to Strip rtf Code from a file?

  • Martin ONeill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      Hello all,

      I find the option to strip html tags and leave urls intact a very
      useful facility in NT. Is there any similar facility for removing rtf
      tags?

      I have TreePAd files which I open in NT in order to mark internal
      hyperlinks. The TreePad file (.hjt) produced by version 7 of TreePad
      seems to be a hybrid of plain text and rtf. I have succeeded in
      marking the internal hyperlinks, but then I have to re-open the file
      in TreePad and export it as a plain text file before I can carry out
      further modifications on the file to convert it into a TomeRaider text
      file.

      I have tried copying and pasting into Jarte my rtf word processor and
      then copying back to NT, but when the .hjt file is pasted into Jarte
      the rtf codes are all shown as raw text (possibly becasue of the
      structure of the .hjt file?)

      It would speed up my conversion process, if I could just strip the rtf
      codes in NT and then continue with the other conversions in NT.

      Many thanks for any pointers.

      Regards,
      Martin