dictionary

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 19, 2005
      Hello Notetabbers :-)

      [NoteTab Pro 4.95]

      I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
      dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

      It is an Word97 dictionary, I tried also the Open Office dictionary.
      And yes, I did rename the extension. I even restart Notetab Pro.

      The provided Dutch dictionary on the NoteTab website doesn't satisfy
      me.

      What is wrong?

      --
      Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
      www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 26, 2005
          Hi Adrien,

          >I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
          >dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

          It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
          in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.

          See ya in the funnies,
          Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

          http://www.clean-funnies.com
        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
            Jody,

            Saturday, March 26, 2005, 9:36:17 PM. Je schreef:

            >>I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
            >>dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

            J> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
            J> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.

            Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
            dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?

            Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
            clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

            --
            Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
            www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?
            FILOSOFIE: www.ou.nl/open/filosoof/
            www.a.verlee.easynet.be/database/
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
              Adrien Verlee wrote:

              > Jody,
              >
              >>> I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
              >>> dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.
              >

              >> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
              >> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.
              >
              > Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
              > dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?
              >
              > Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
              > clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

              Jody, Adrien,

              Maybe I missed something, I've been preoccupied with trying to set up a
              new computer to closely match my older one.

              Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or 13,
              plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages included.

              http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php

              Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the
              latest, free for personal use, version, just out recently. It works
              integrally with NoteTab, highlight or place the cursor on a word to
              check, hit F12 and WordWeb pops-up, the escape key closes it. Clips for
              incorporating WordWeb can be found at

              http://notetab.com/libraries.php

              in the clip libraries section or, at The NoteTabber's Assitant Page at

              http://notetab.net

              WordWeb gives similarly spelled words in case the word spelling you're
              checking is illegitimate, I just used it to check 'illegitimate'.

              http://wordweb.info/free/

              Unless you have need for a very specific dictionary type these should
              meet all your needs.

              Although I can't find a download location right now, Jody wrote a set of
              clips for working with UDT's, to clean extraneous words and merge
              multiple UDT'S into one.

              I have 2 other clips I haven't used for quite a while, one will strip a
              UDT down to a word list for sorting and removing or adding words, the
              other will rebuild the UDT with the newly compiled list, or, you can
              take another wordlist and create a UDT from it.

              ºvº
              05.03.28
              hrs > hsavage@...
            • Joel Rosen
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
                I tried wordweb but am unable to get it to work automatically in NTP. I
                downloaded a clip but it is for much earlier versions. Any suggestions other
                than ctrl-alt-w?

                >>> I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
                >>> dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.
                >

                >> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
                >> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.
                >
                > Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
                > dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?
                >
                > Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
                > clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

                Jody, Adrien,

                Maybe I missed something, I've been preoccupied with trying to set up a
                new computer to closely match my older one.

                Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or 13,
                plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages included.

                HYPERLINK
                "http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php"http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries
                .php

                Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the
                latest, free for personal use, version, just out recently. It works
                integrally with NoteTab, highlight or place the cursor on a word to
                check, hit F12 and WordWeb pops-up, the escape key closes it. Clips for
                incorporating WordWeb can be found at

                HYPERLINK "http://notetab.com/libraries.php"http://notetab.com/libraries.php

                in the clip libraries section or, at The NoteTabber's Assitant Page at

                HYPERLINK "http://notetab.net"http://notetab.net

                HYPERLINK "http://wordweb.info/free/"http://wordweb.info/free/

                Unless you have need for a very specific dictionary type these should
                meet all your needs.

                Although I can't find a download location right now, Jody wrote a set of
                clips for working with UDT's, to clean extraneous words and merge
                multiple UDT'S into one.

                I have 2 other clips I haven't used for quite a while, one will strip a
                UDT down to a word list for sorting and removing or adding words, the
                other will rebuild the UDT with the newly compiled list, or, you can
                take another wordlist and create a UDT from it.

                ºvº
                05.03.28
                hrs > hsavage@...

                Fookes Software Home: HYPERLINK
                "http://www.fookes.us/redir"http://www.fookes.us/redir

                The NoteTab Clips List: HYPERLINK
                "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-
                clips/

                The NoteTab Off Topic List: HYPERLINK
                "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/n
                tb-offtopic/

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                HYPERLINK
                "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bd1n56/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
                oups/S=1705007181:HM/EXP=1112129085/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
                netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075"click here
                HYPERLINK
                "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
                :HM/A=2593423/rand=661732258"

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                HYPERLINK
                "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/noteta
                b/

                HYPERLINK
                "mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe"notetab-unsu
                bscribe@yahoogroups.com

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
                  Joel Rosen wrote:

                  > I tried wordweb but am unable to get it to work automatically in NTP. I
                  > downloaded a clip but it is for much earlier versions. Any
                  suggestions other
                  > than ctrl-alt-w?

                  Joel,

                  You may need to do 2 things. Install WordWeb in a folder under NoteTab,
                  second, go into the View > Options > ToolBar, scroll down until you find
                  Thesaurus, place a check beside it to gain the icon in the toolbar. The
                  icon in the toolbar isn't a necessity, you can still start WordWeb with F12.

                  If there's more to the use of WordWeb it's been so long since I
                  installed it I can't remember any other steps, this would be a great
                  opportunity for other list members who have further info to jump in.

                  ºvº
                  05.03.28
                  hrs > hsavage@...
                • Adrien Verlee
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 29, 2005
                    Dag hsavage,

                    Monday, March 28, 2005, 10:44:01 PM. Je schreef:

                    h> Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or
                    h> 13, plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages
                    h> included.

                    h> http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php

                    Yes, I know. It do not satisfy my needs.

                    h> Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the

                    It is only English. Sorry. I need a good Dutch dictionary. But as I
                    said, maybe it is not a big problem. Because I can use the clipboard
                    and check the file in Word.

                    Anyhow, thanks!

                    --
                    Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
                    www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?
                    FILOSOFIE: www.ou.nl/open/filosoof/
                    www.a.verlee.easynet.be/database/
                  • dave
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
                      Hi Adrien
                      If you find a list of dutch words and add them to the
                      "Dictionaries\Default.udt"
                      I think you will have what you want . I would think a page of dutch and
                      change it to a single list and add it ??
                      THANKYOU DAVE

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
                        Hi Adrien,

                        >If you find a list of dutch words and add them to the
                        >"Dictionaries\Default.udt"
                        >I think you will have what you want . I would think a page of
                        >dutch and change it to a single list and add it ??

                        Good idea Dave, but if the UDT gets too big for some reason it
                        bogs down the closing time of the spelling checker dialog. Yet,
                        still better than copy/paste into Word.

                        Adrien, try looking at Addictive Software for a Dutch dictionary.
                        It has to be a version that is for their spelling checker, the
                        one one NoteTab uses, of version 2.x. The 3.x dictionaries will
                        not work, because we have not upgraded to that version yet in
                        NoteTab.

                        Also, if you can find a good public domain Dutch word list, you
                        can write me with the size zipped information and I'll let you
                        know to send it eMail or uploaded to a site for me to get. I can
                        then compile it into a regular dictionary for NoteTab. It takes a
                        very long time to compile (ties up my computer), so make sure
                        your word list is complete. Write me at Jody@..., please.

                        Happy Tab'n,