Re: [NTB] Total printing pages

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
      Hi Sam,

      >I'm using a simple old DeskJet 600 to print screenplays and
      >submissions. Works perfectly for the job.
      >
      >Prior to printing from Note Tab PRO, is there any facility to
      >show the total number of pages in a file (to print), so that
      >number can be inserted into the "Other" option tab as something
      >like "%d / XX" where XX is the total number of pages?
      >
      >If there is I can NOT find it, nor does HP provide that total in
      >the print dialogues boxes. 8-)

      You might try out a freeware printing utility that adds quite a few
      more printing options and preferred by many users over the regular
      windows print dialog used by NoteTab. If you need to discuss
      TxtPrint, please do so on the Off Topic list.

      You can download the Library that Eric Fookes made which has a link
      to the small TxtPrint utility (both links are below) in it which
      will give you print preview, page n of pages n and allow you to
      print selections of text instead of the whole document. It has a
      number of other small nice to have features too.

      You need to have a compression utility to unzip the zip files. Ask
      me if you do not know what that is. Install TxtPrint10, the
      software, wherever you would like. Install the .clb file Eric made
      to the NoteTab Libraries folder. It will show up on the Libraries
      Bar at the bottom of NoteTab. Click on it to activate the Library.

      Clipbook Library - goes in Libraries folder:
      http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
      TxtPrint10 - Install wherever you want:
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/txtprinten10.zip

      You can put the printing Clip on your default Clipbar if you
      wish. For more information about the Clipbar in registered
      versions of NoteTab and some basic Clip information please read
      the following web page. http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm

      Also, you can go into Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and right
      click over TxtPrint.clb and then check Properties. Click on Hidden
      and that will hide the Library off the Libraries Bar. You can still
      access it from the Clipbook's combo box, the small upper window
      which is above the Clip items in all Libraries. Please see Help |
      NoteTab's Glossary for terms you might be unfamiliar with.

      Happy Tab'n,