Total printing pages

  • Sam Labourne
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
      I'm using a simple old DeskJet 600 to print screenplays and
      submissions. Works perfectly for the job.

      Prior to printing from Note Tab PRO, is there any facility to show
      the total number of pages in a file (to print), so that number can be
      inserted into the "Other" option tab as something like "%d / XX"
      where XX is the total number of pages?

      If there is I can NOT find it, nor does HP provide that total in the
      print dialogues boxes. 8-)

      TIA

      Sam Labourne
      labourne@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
        Hi Sam,

        >I'm using a simple old DeskJet 600 to print screenplays and
        >submissions. Works perfectly for the job.
        >
        >Prior to printing from Note Tab PRO, is there any facility to
        >show the total number of pages in a file (to print), so that
        >number can be inserted into the "Other" option tab as something
        >like "%d / XX" where XX is the total number of pages?
        >
        >If there is I can NOT find it, nor does HP provide that total in
        >the print dialogues boxes. 8-)

        You might try out a freeware printing utility that adds quite a few
        more printing options and preferred by many users over the regular
        windows print dialog used by NoteTab. If you need to discuss
        TxtPrint, please do so on the Off Topic list.

        You can download the Library that Eric Fookes made which has a link
        to the small TxtPrint utility (both links are below) in it which
        will give you print preview, page n of pages n and allow you to
        print selections of text instead of the whole document. It has a
        number of other small nice to have features too.

        You need to have a compression utility to unzip the zip files. Ask
        me if you do not know what that is. Install TxtPrint10, the
        software, wherever you would like. Install the .clb file Eric made
        to the NoteTab Libraries folder. It will show up on the Libraries
        Bar at the bottom of NoteTab. Click on it to activate the Library.

        Clipbook Library - goes in Libraries folder:
        http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
        TxtPrint10 - Install wherever you want:
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/txtprinten10.zip

        You can put the printing Clip on your default Clipbar if you
        wish. For more information about the Clipbar in registered
        versions of NoteTab and some basic Clip information please read
        the following web page. http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm

        Also, you can go into Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and right
        click over TxtPrint.clb and then check Properties. Click on Hidden
        and that will hide the Library off the Libraries Bar. You can still
        access it from the Clipbook's combo box, the small upper window
        which is above the Clip items in all Libraries. Please see Help |
        NoteTab's Glossary for terms you might be unfamiliar with.

        Happy Tab'n,