Re: [NTB] Page scraping?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
      Hi xyz7769,

      >Is clip programming capable of scraping web pages? I want to
      >read a page, scan for certain data, extract the data to a disk
      >file, drill down from link to link, etc.

      You need to ask that on the NoteTab HTML list. Some of them might
      know what language you are speaking. :-) The Clip Code is very
      powerful: you can extract lines, between tags, links,
      directories/subs, all kinds of stuff. The answer to your question
      is probably yes, it can. But, you need to sign up for the Clips
      list and/or the HTML list; the Clips list might be better, but
      you may need to reword what you want to do a little clearer.
      Please read the following...

      either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

      _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
      list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
      use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
      that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
      conversation clean! :)

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      lists.

      Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
      getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

      Happy Clip'n!

    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
        Jody wrote:
        > Hi xyz7769,
        >>Is clip programming capable of scraping web pages? I want to
        >>read a page, scan for certain data, extract the data to a disk
        >>file, drill down from link to link, etc.

        If you are manually looking at the pages, you can turn on paste to
        clipboard feature and copy everything you want that way. Under document
        use as pasteboard. Everything you copy will then be put in the open
        document.

        For a more advanced procedure, as Jody said, go to the clips list.

        Don