NTP Tab Size

  • bmckenna6
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2005
      In my NoteTab Pro 4.95, Tab Size seems to have no effect.

      I can enter numbers in Tab Size, but that's all, and
      they do not seem to have any effect.

      I would like to change it from the default 8 places.

      There is an option for Real, Fixed, and Smart, and I would
      truly like 2 Fixed, i.e., 2 spaces, or at least 2 tab.

      I have read the help, and I read that only the Std has
      the option for different size tabs, but the Tab Size
      Option exists in NTPro. Is it there, but not "really?"

      NTP is a real favorite of mine, but having less tab
      functionality in the Pro version defies user logic/needs
      a bit. I can imagine that there might be some arcane
      programming need for this difference, but if the option
      to change Tab Size is truly non-existent, then the option
      should not look like it's there on the Options/Document page.

      Any help will be truly appreciated.
    • Bruce Meyers
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2005
        Type Tab (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the behavior of the editor by changing this option. If the tab type is set to Real, pressing <Tab> inserts a "real" tab character into the document. If the tab type is set to Fixed, pressing <Tab> inserts enough spaces to move the cursor to the next tab stop. (This is called "fixed tabs" because the position of existing text will not change if the tab size is later changed, as it does if real tabs are used.) If the tab type is set to Smart, spaces are also inserted into the document, but the positions of the tab stops are a function of the positions of the words in the previous line.

        Use View - Options - Documents and set tab size to the size you want and make sure it set for "real". I did this and each tab moved the cursor three spaces - the size I set for tab.

        bmckenna6 <bmckenna@...> wrote:

        In my NoteTab Pro 4.95, Tab Size seems to have no effect.

        I can enter numbers in Tab Size, but that's all, and
        they do not seem to have any effect.

        I would like to change it from the default 8 places.

        There is an option for Real, Fixed, and Smart, and I would
        truly like 2 Fixed, i.e., 2 spaces, or at least 2 tab.

        I have read the help, and I read that only the Std has
        the option for different size tabs, but the Tab Size
        Option exists in NTPro. Is it there, but not "really?"

        NTP is a real favorite of mine, but having less tab
        functionality in the Pro version defies user logic/needs
        a bit. I can imagine that there might be some arcane
        programming need for this difference, but if the option
        to change Tab Size is truly non-existent, then the option
        should not look like it's there on the Options/Document page.

        Any help will be truly appreciated.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2005
          Hi bmckenna6,

          Also, look under Options | Tools | and press Help. There are two
          settings dealing with indenting.

          >In my NoteTab Pro 4.95, Tab Size seems to have no effect.
          >
          >I can enter numbers in Tab Size, but that's all, and they do not
          >seem to have any effect.
          >
          >I would like to change it from the default 8 places.
          >
          >There is an option for Real, Fixed, and Smart, and I would truly
          >like 2 Fixed, i.e., 2 spaces, or at least 2 tab.
          >
          >I have read the help, and I read that only the Std has the option
          >for different size tabs, but the Tab Size Option exists in NTPro.
          >Is it there, but not "really?"
          >
          >NTP is a real favorite of mine, but having less tab functionality
          >in the Pro version defies user logic/needs a bit. I can imagine
          >that there might be some arcane programming need for this
          >difference, but if the option to change Tab Size is truly non-
          >existent, then the option should not look like it's there on the
          >Options/Document page.
          >
          >Any help will be truly appreciated.

          Happy Tab'n,