Re: [NTB] NTPro misbehaves when scrolling using a wheel mouse

  • kitpath
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
      I have a followup to this -- something I've been doing lately that
      tames the wheel mouse's need for speed. Instead of using the hand or
      arm to move the selection, I use the wheel.

      Select copy to move. Start to drag it down or up -- continue to hold
      hold the left button while spinning the wheel. The wheel gives me
      tighter control when nearing the window's boundary. The wheel
      travels at a "controlable" speed.

      When you release the left button, it drops without jumping or moving
      any deeper into the file. It didn't take that long to retrain to use
      the wheel instead of the arm/hand ... to move things. It's second
      nature now. Maybe you can use this trick.

      PatH

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi marbux3,
      >
      > I can only suggest that you download the drivers for it and
      > reinstall them. The mouse drivers that come on the installation
      > CDs are usually out of date. If your Windows install found the
      > drivers, you might still go ahead and download them. You can try
      > the Update Driver in the Control Panel and see if that will do
      > it. The MS mouse driver file is pretty big though, so you might
      > want to download and save a copy. Also, you need to make sure
      > that the mouse extension file is running. It was called Point32 I
      > believe at one time. (I always have used Logitech, so I don't
      > know what they currently call them.) Look in your Task Manager to
      > see if it is running (Ctrl+Alt+Del).

      mar
      > >I'm using NoteTab Pro v. 4.95. About 6 months ago, I switched from
      > >Win95b to the WinXP Pro operating system. My updates are current
      for
      > >the OS. I use a Microsoft optical wheel mouse. However, since
      > >switching to XP, the wheel mouse scrolls correctly on all apps
      except
      > >for NTPro. In Notetab, the scrolling direction is reversed, and
      > >Notetab doesn't seem to pick up the mouse driver settings for the
      > >amount of screen turf to cover when scrolling. I get a very short
      > >movement rather than the "page" movement I prefer.
      > >
      > >The misbehavior has been consistent since WinXP Pro SP-1, my first
      > >installed configuration, all subsequent updates, plus a reinstall
      of
      > >XP Pro through all current updates. I have tried reinstalling
      NoteTab