Re: [NTB] clip header indicators (exclamation, bullet)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi onchristthesolidrock,

      If you have more questions about actually writing Clips like to
      do what you quoted below and much more, please sign up for the
      Clips list. See my sigline to sign up. My comments follow...

      >doc says:
      >tips and how to...
      >The Clipbook can be used to launch other programs, open the current
      >document in its associated application, open the current document in
      >the specified program, and open URLs. Clips with this capability
      >have a little exclamation "!" symbol on their left side.
      >
      >q1. do you enable this feature (launch other programs) by doing
      >something to the clip or is it automatically detected?

      You have to write the Clips. You should probably make a new
      Library for that. See How to make a Library, a Clip, edit a Clip,
      etc. at http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm (Ignore the parts
      about the Clipbar, because you have to have Pro or Std to have a
      Clipbar. Well worth the few bucks and multiple level undo in Pro
      even after the file is saved is great!)

      >q2. what does the bullet indicate beside the clip name?

      The bullet means that there are no Clip commands in the Clip
      (text will be pasted into document) and the exclamation mark
      means there is at least one command like to start a program. It
      can also insert text into the document, but the ! get priority
      over the *.

      Happy Clip'n!