Re: [NTB] Keep A Log (aka logging, aka logs)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi onchristthesolidrock,

      :-)

      >I was interested in trying the logging mechanism but haven't been
      >able to make this work. ( using light 4.95)
      >
      >DOC SAYS:
      >You can keep a log by using the same method as Notepad. Just
      >add ".LOG" on the first line (without the quotation marks) and every
      >time you open such a document, the editor will append the current
      >date and time (as specified by your computer's clock).

      Just put ".log" without the quotes on the first line of a file.
      Save it with any name and extension you want. MyLog.txt ;)

      When the file is opened it will insert the date according to your
      date filter in NoteTab's Options under the Tools menu. You can
      press F1 or Help to get detailed information on the date filters
      to use. I think to use the system clock it is ^C or C^ or C. <g>
      I write a lot of Clips so I used this when I press F5.

      "; Last updated on "mm-dd-yyyy" by Jody Adair <Jody@...>"
      Quotes go around regular text, not the date filter.

      Anyway, once the .log date stamps when opened, you need to save
      the file and use the Reload Document tool to get another date
      stamp. I find F5 easier. :)

      >Do I make a file something like this:
      >.log

      Happy Tab'n,