Re: [NTB] Error_"Cannot rename TEXT2: It is being used by another person or program"

  • tyrueiwo
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28 11:48 AM
      > I need to research this 'feature' more.

      Here is what I have so far.

      Drag-and-drop a file from file manager (eg from Explorer or Total
      Commander) into NTP allows renaming its folder --
      whether the document is still open, or whether NPT is still open or
      not (Just like I remember from when using win98).

      But in XP Home, if I double-click to open a file in NTP (whether NTP
      is already loaded or not) I either have to close NTP or reopen NTP
      (with the document still loaded as per my chosen settings "reopen
      open documents") before I can rename the folder.

      What other ways to open a document?? I forget now, so cannot test
      that. I usually double-click or drag & drop. Does anyone use a kind
      of 'Send To NTP' for example ?

      Oh that's right. I open via other programs a lot.

      "Edit with NTP" via Browser window for example. Oh that works too.
      Allows folder renaming whilst opening that is. So far it is only the
      double-click open method that is crippled re folder rename.