NTPro misbehaves when scrolling using a wheel mouse

  • marbux3
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
      Hi, everyone.

      I'm using NoteTab Pro v. 4.95. About 6 months ago, I switched from
      Win95b to the WinXP Pro operating system. My updates are current for
      the OS. I use a Microsoft optical wheel mouse. However, since
      switching to XP, the wheel mouse scrolls correctly on all apps except
      for NTPro. In Notetab, the scrolling direction is reversed, and
      Notetab doesn't seem to pick up the mouse driver settings for the
      amount of screen turf to cover when scrolling. I get a very short
      movement rather than the "page" movement I prefer.

      The misbehavior has been consistent since WinXP Pro SP-1, my first
      installed configuration, all subsequent updates, plus a reinstall of
      XP Pro through all current updates. I have tried reinstalling NoteTab
      Pro as well, but no change in behavior.

      I haven't dealt with this issue before now because it is a minor
      inconvenience, but would like to get the problem ironed out if
      feasible. I searched the messages on the Yahoo board, and found
      nothing helpful.

      BTW, NoteTab is right up there in my short list of all-time favorite
      apps since I began punching paper tape in the mid-1960s. It's an
      unusually well crafted and useful program.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2005
        Hi marbux3,

        I can only suggest that you download the drivers for it and
        reinstall them. The mouse drivers that come on the installation
        CDs are usually out of date. If your Windows install found the
        drivers, you might still go ahead and download them. You can try
        the Update Driver in the Control Panel and see if that will do
        it. The MS mouse driver file is pretty big though, so you might
        want to download and save a copy. Also, you need to make sure
        that the mouse extension file is running. It was called Point32 I
        believe at one time. (I always have used Logitech, so I don't
        know what they currently call them.) Look in your Task Manager to
        see if it is running (Ctrl+Alt+Del).

        >I'm using NoteTab Pro v. 4.95. About 6 months ago, I switched from
        >Win95b to the WinXP Pro operating system. My updates are current for
        >the OS. I use a Microsoft optical wheel mouse. However, since
        >switching to XP, the wheel mouse scrolls correctly on all apps except
        >for NTPro. In Notetab, the scrolling direction is reversed, and
        >Notetab doesn't seem to pick up the mouse driver settings for the
        >amount of screen turf to cover when scrolling. I get a very short
        >movement rather than the "page" movement I prefer.
        >
        >The misbehavior has been consistent since WinXP Pro SP-1, my first
        >installed configuration, all subsequent updates, plus a reinstall of
        >XP Pro through all current updates. I have tried reinstalling NoteTab
        >Pro as well, but no change in behavior.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • kitpath
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
          I have a followup to this -- something I've been doing lately that
          tames the wheel mouse's need for speed. Instead of using the hand or
          arm to move the selection, I use the wheel.

          Select copy to move. Start to drag it down or up -- continue to hold
          hold the left button while spinning the wheel. The wheel gives me
          tighter control when nearing the window's boundary. The wheel
          travels at a "controlable" speed.

          When you release the left button, it drops without jumping or moving
          any deeper into the file. It didn't take that long to retrain to use
          the wheel instead of the arm/hand ... to move things. It's second
          nature now. Maybe you can use this trick.

          PatH

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi marbux3,
          >
          > I can only suggest that you download the drivers for it and
          > reinstall them. The mouse drivers that come on the installation
          > CDs are usually out of date. If your Windows install found the
          > drivers, you might still go ahead and download them. You can try
          > the Update Driver in the Control Panel and see if that will do
          > it. The MS mouse driver file is pretty big though, so you might
          > want to download and save a copy. Also, you need to make sure
          > that the mouse extension file is running. It was called Point32 I
          > believe at one time. (I always have used Logitech, so I don't
          > know what they currently call them.) Look in your Task Manager to
          > see if it is running (Ctrl+Alt+Del).

          mar