Re: [NTB] Intro

  • rosie81286
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 10, 2005
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
      wrote:
      > If you have NoteTab Pro (the paid version) multiple undo are
      automatic.
      > If you paid, I suspect you somehow didn't get installed
      correctly. I
      > love multiple undo's I might add. I would buy it for this reason
      > alone. You should have them also if you have the test version
      running I
      > think.

      i have the paid version. i have just emailed jody too.
      seems nobody in the gorup has this same issue (i searched the
      archive).

      i believe notetab was intslled properly but awhile back some wierd
      thing was happening in the ini file so who knows.

      i've actually never had the multpile undo - redo function working.
    • David R. Hanson
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 29, 2005
        Hi Jody,

        Any updates? I've been very happy with NP pro for years, but no
        updates in 2+ years isn't a good sign...

        It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
        board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

        Thanks, Dave

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
        > Hi Graham,
        >
        > >Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have managed
        > >to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC Support team,
        > >the only question is, is it still under active development? Seems
        > >like a long time since 4.95.
        >
        > Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
        > upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
        > not abandoned though.
        >
        > Happy Tab'n,
        > Jody Adair
        >
        > NoteTabbers Assistant Page Sojourners Software
        > http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourner.us/software
        > http://www.fookes.us http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • John Mitchell
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 29, 2005
          Amen!

          Regards, John M

          David R. Hanson wrote:

          > snip..
          >
          > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
          > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
          >
          > Thanks, Dave
          >
          > ..snip
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
            Hi Jody,

            > Amen!
            >
            > Regards, John M
            >
            > David R. Hanson wrote:
            >
            > > snip..
            > >
            > > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
            > > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

            No NEVER! NoteTab is a text editor. YahooGroup mail lists allow me to
            receive everything in plain text too! Entirely appropriate!

            Message Boards on web sites tend to become full of hideous graphical
            clutter, are unusable if you are connecting via a mobile phone at 9.6kbps,
            rather than the luxury of broadband, which I don't have even when connected
            via land line.

            YahooGroup mail lists, especially when set up like this one (attachments
            banned - so I don't get all that HTML garbage) and with my personal setting
            of "Do not convert to HTML" (so I'm not even forced to get graphical adverts
            added back onto the plain text messages the list naturally provides) are
            ideal. The prospect of a Web-based message board appals! For those that
            like web-based message boards surely there's the web interface at
            YahooGroups to do the job?

            I've set replies to go to the Off-topic list, but I fancy YahooGroups strips
            that instruction out - but please reply to the off-topic list anyway! (I'm
            sure Jody would appreciate it!)

            Greg
          • prog@lomascentral.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
              I really hope this doesn't happen!

              This group is convenient it delivers the messages to my inbox, I can
              delete the ones I'm not interested in bulk and see at a glance what's there.

              If it moves to a web based message board I have to go to the trouble of
              figure out if there;s anything I'm interested in ....

              These messages I scan daily, web based boards I'd probably not get round
              to looking at, they're a pain, inefficient (as far as my time is
              concerned) and get on my nerves.

              They also have a habit of being poorly designed and inefficient to use
              if I do make the effort of looking. They're designed (by the look of it,
              probably not all but most of the ones I've seen) by those who are more
              interested in look and feel than ease of use..

              As you may have figured out by this stage, I don;t like them :-)

              Tim

              David R. Hanson wrote:
              > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real message
              > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
            • Lee Underwood
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 30, 2005
                Tim,

                I agree. I have inadvertently learn a great deal about NoteTab and clips by
                way of this list. A message board just doesn't give the options as you
                described them. Sometimes simple things work much better.

                Lee

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 31, 2005
                  Hi Greg,

                  I don't know what message boards you've frequented in the past, but
                  they must have been poorly run. The worries you share (bloated
                  graphics, ads, etc.) are easily surmountable.

                  As it stands, there is no efficient way to see what different topics
                  have been posted, or to follow a thread, or to send private messages,
                  or to cooperatively build FAQs, or do see if other questions have been
                  asked and answered. A respectable discussion board would do all of
                  this and more. Indeed, if you don't like ads and bloat, you should
                  FAVOR such a change, since currently, we have to put up with whatever
                  overhead and bloat that yahoo wants to send our way.

                  (Alas, none of the replies on this subject have been transferred to
                  OT...in any case, it doesn't seem OT to me?)

                  Any other updates on development timetables? I love this product, and
                  would gladly spread the word and push for its adoption by others if
                  it was clear it was still actively pursued by its able authors...

                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Chapman" <greg@e...> wrote:
                  > Hi Jody,
                  >
                  > > Amen!
                  > >
                  > > Regards, John M
                  > >
                  > > David R. Hanson wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > snip..
                  > > >
                  > > > It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real
                  message
                  > > > board, rather than a simple yahoo group.
                  >
                  > No NEVER! NoteTab is a text editor. YahooGroup mail lists allow me to
                  > receive everything in plain text too! Entirely appropriate!
                  >
                  > Message Boards on web sites tend to become full of hideous graphical
                  > clutter, are unusable if you are connecting via a mobile phone at
                  9.6kbps,
                  > rather than the luxury of broadband, which I don't have even when
                  connected
                  > via land line.
                  >
                  > YahooGroup mail lists, especially when set up like this one (attachments
                  > banned - so I don't get all that HTML garbage) and with my personal
                  setting
                  > of "Do not convert to HTML" (so I'm not even forced to get graphical
                  adverts
                  > added back onto the plain text messages the list naturally provides) are
                  > ideal. The prospect of a Web-based message board appals! For those
                  that
                  > like web-based message boards surely there's the web interface at
                  > YahooGroups to do the job?
                  >
                  > I've set replies to go to the Off-topic list, but I fancy
                  YahooGroups strips
                  > that instruction out - but please reply to the off-topic list
                  anyway! (I'm
                  > sure Jody would appreciate it!)
                  >
                  > Greg
                • Greg Chapman
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 1, 2005
                    Hi Dave,

                    > (Alas, none of the replies on this subject have been transferred to
                    > OT...in any case, it doesn't seem OT to me?)

                    Well, it's not "basic use of NoteTab" so I've replied on the off-topic list!

                    Greg
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 15, 2005
                      Hi David, Greg, John, and anybody else reading...

                      The forum vs yahoogroups topic needs to go to the off topic list
                      after this which I copied this reply. (Oh, I see you did bring it
                      over there after all. I'm still cleaning out many hundreds of
                      messages in my inbox (private, not support) from my 3 week
                      vacation.)

                      >Any updates? I've been very happy with NP pro for years, but no
                      >updates in 2+ years isn't a good sign...

                      It isn't a bad sign either; the answer is still the same as
                      below. I can assure you that someday we will indeed upgrade
                      NoteTab. It was still voted People's Choice again at the SIC
                      awards convention for shareware for some 7-8 years now only
                      missing one year in a row. Fookes Software is Eric Fookes and
                      myself. Eric does what he needs to do for the company, his
                      livelihood, family time, etc. Unfortunately, only so much can be
                      done, but we will eventually get to NoteTab.

                      >It would also be nice if someone involved would set up a real
                      >message board, rather than a simple yahoo group.

                      I don't mean to sound to cold and rude below, but want to make my
                      point/stance on the issue perfectly clear! :-)

                      Sorry, but that is out of the question - it will not happen.
                      Yahoogroups has served us well, has enough features, etc. Sure,
                      it could be better, more sophisticated and so on, but the way it
                      is has served us well for many years. Most forums do not have
                      eMail delivery either, are much slower to use for me anyway, and
                      until discussion mailing list are phased out (if ever), a forum
                      would be the very last thing I would resort to. I would probably
                      spend a few thousand $$$ on my own mail server and account, etc.
                      before using a forum for the lists.

                      >>> Hi, I've been using NoteTab light for a while, and have
                      >>> managed to get my boss to consider purchasing it for our PC
                      >>> Support team, the only question is, is it still under active
                      >>> development? Seems like a long time since 4.95.
                      >>
                      >> Yes, it is, although we have not been able to get back to
                      >> upgrading it as soon as we had hoped for. Be assured that it is
                      >> not abandoned though.

                      Happy Tab'n,