Unable to enter new text in Find dialog

  • bjonhale
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      Hi,

      I've been using the freeware version of Notetab light for years.
      About a year ago the software suddenly got into a funny state. I've
      uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

      The problem is...when I go into the Find (or Replace) dialog I am
      unable to type in new text to have it search for. The word I am
      currently on (if the cursor is on a word) or a previous word in the
      combo box is shown (high-lighted) and when I go to type, it just keeps
      the current word and will not enter the newly typed letters.

      I installed Notetab onto a new computer and of course it works
      flawlessly. How can get this functionality back on my computer? Does
      anyone know how to resolve this?

      Thanks,
      Brent
    • Jock
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2005
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "bjonhale" <brent@e...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've been using the freeware version of Notetab light for years.
        > About a year ago the software suddenly got into a funny state.
        I've
        > uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.
        >
        > The problem is...when I go into the Find (or Replace) dialog I am
        > unable to type in new text to have it search for. The word I am
        > currently on (if the cursor is on a word) or a previous word in the
        > combo box is shown (high-lighted) and when I go to type, it just
        keeps
        > the current word and will not enter the newly typed letters.
        >
        > I installed Notetab onto a new computer and of course it works
        > flawlessly. How can get this functionality back on my computer?
        Does
        > anyone know how to resolve this?

        I have similar problems. I cannot enter accented letters into the
        search box. For example entering character 138 (è) gives me a
        drop-down box with recent search strings.

        Anyone know how to overcome this limitation.

        -- Jock