Re: [NTB] help with moving from one computer to another

  • Martin Webster
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      Ken Winston Caine wrote:

      >I've done this four or five times since registering notetab standard
      >in 1998. But I've forgotten how.
      >
      >Just got a new laptop. Need to move Notetab to it. When I try to
      >open the program, it asks for my wrapper.
      >
      >I still have a full installation on my old laptop. Is there some way
      >for me to find out what my wrapper number is?
      >
      >I don't find my registration info any more from four or five
      >computers ago, but I must have it stashed away somewhere. I'm hoping
      >there is some way to look at it in the computer it's still loaded on.

      Using your *old* laptop download the latest upgrade from
      http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php. Next, run the executable and you
      should see a message similar to the following:

      An upgradeable version has been detected. This wrapper program will
      now extract the Setup program for NoteTab Std/Pro v4.xx

      You should now have the setup program on your Desktop (or wherever you
      ran the wrapper.) Copy this file to a CDR (or zip it up and mail to
      yourself) and install on the new laptop. Keep the unwrapped version
      safe! :-) And finally, uninstall the original copy.

      HTH,

      --
      .\\artin