help with moving from one computer to another

  • ken winston caine
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2005
      I've done this four or five times since registering notetab standard
      in 1998. But I've forgotten how.

      Just got a new laptop. Need to move Notetab to it. When I try to
      open the program, it asks for my wrapper.

      I still have a full installation on my old laptop. Is there some way
      for me to find out what my wrapper number is?

      I don't find my registration info any more from four or five
      computers ago, but I must have it stashed away somewhere. I'm hoping
      there is some way to look at it in the computer it's still loaded on.

      Is there?

      Thanks,
      kwc
    • Martin Webster
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
        Ken Winston Caine wrote:

        >I've done this four or five times since registering notetab standard
        >in 1998. But I've forgotten how.
        >
        >Just got a new laptop. Need to move Notetab to it. When I try to
        >open the program, it asks for my wrapper.
        >
        >I still have a full installation on my old laptop. Is there some way
        >for me to find out what my wrapper number is?
        >
        >I don't find my registration info any more from four or five
        >computers ago, but I must have it stashed away somewhere. I'm hoping
        >there is some way to look at it in the computer it's still loaded on.

        Using your *old* laptop download the latest upgrade from
        http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php. Next, run the executable and you
        should see a message similar to the following:

        An upgradeable version has been detected. This wrapper program will
        now extract the Setup program for NoteTab Std/Pro v4.xx

        You should now have the setup program on your Desktop (or wherever you
        ran the wrapper.) Copy this file to a CDR (or zip it up and mail to
        yourself) and install on the new laptop. Keep the unwrapped version
        safe! :-) And finally, uninstall the original copy.

        HTH,

        --
        .\\artin