Re: [NTB] Re: Double click selecting trailing space

  • Alan G
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
      On Fri, 04 Feb 2005, "hoolan9" <bruce@...> wrote in part:

      > > What is the harm of drag and drop?
      >
      > No harm, just for me I find I much more often want to re-select than
      > drag the selected text, so I have to click somewhere else to deselect
      > then click-and-drag again.

      Yes! I thought I was the only one muttering under my breath every time
      I want to select a smaller range inside a current selection.
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005

        > > What is the harm of drag and drop?
        >
        > No harm, just for me I find I much more often want to re-select than
        > drag the selected text, so I have to click somewhere else to deselect
        > then click-and-drag again. Probably an "old school" thing. I think it
        > would be great if that was optional.

        Why don't you just click onze at the spot from where you want to reselect
        the text (do not move the mouse and click again...) and start dragging from
        there?

        Hugo
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
          Alan G wrote:
          > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005, "hoolan9" <bruce@...> wrote in part:
          >

          >>>What is the harm of drag and drop?
          >>
          >>No harm, just for me I find I much more often want to re-select than
          >>drag the selected text, so I have to click somewhere else to deselect
          >>then click-and-drag again.
          >

          > Yes! I thought I was the only one muttering under my breath every time
          > I want to select a smaller range inside a current selection.

          If you click in a selection, when you release, it unselects the section.
          You don't have to click anywhere else. You can then reselect. I can
          see where allowing the two things you mention to be toggled preferences
          might be nice as we all work different, but if you do it as I suggest
          (alt + double click for the word without trailing space and click /
          release/ reselect to avoid drag and drop) it will soon become second
          nature to you.

          Anyway, I learned two things I didn't know before as a result of your
          question, so thanks for asking it!
        • Bruce Quackenbush
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
            > If you click in a selection, when you release, it unselects the
            section.
            > You don't have to click anywhere else.

            Yup, it's a small thing, no doubt. But it's the small things that
            separate perfect software from slightly less than perfect. When you do
            something 500 times per day...

            Looking forward to ver. 5.0, I have faith in the good folks at Fookes!

            > Anyway, I learned two things I didn't know before as a result of your
            > question, so thanks for asking it!

            My pleasure! Thanks to all for answering!