Re: [NTB] Unicode

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2005
      Hi Bruce,

      >-- NoteTab automatically detects the format (DOS/UNIX/Mac/Unicode)
      >of a text file when you open it.
      >
      >But when I open a document with Unicode (cyrillic characters), a
      >question mark is displayed in place of every Unicode character.

      You get the "?" because NoteTab does not recognize the
      character... It will be a long time till we fully support
      Unicode. We have to wait till we start using a new input control
      for NoteTab when we do the total rewrite of the program.

      Protect Unicode Files:
      When NoteTab opens Unicode files, it has to convert them to the
      ANSI character set, which handles much fewer characters. As a
      result, the conversion process may drop non-ANSI and cause the
      loss of information. When this setting is checked, Unicode files
      are opened in Read-Only mode, which protects the file from
      changes. If you know that your Unicode documents will not loose
      important information during the conversion process, you can
      uncheck this option in order to open such files in editable mode.

      In the Utilities Library, look for the following. I don't know if
      it will work any better or not. I don't use Unicode files, so I
      cannot test.

      ;UNICODE files
      This section offers Clips that let you easily read and write text in UNICODE format.

      Import UNICODE text
      Save as UNICODE file

      Happy Tab'n,