Bolding text, but not bolded on the screen

  • smartcoyotes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
      I am trying to use NoteTab in place of Notepad as a text editor plus
      to use the "Outline Feature". There are a couple of items that I
      can seem to get worked out. These items are the formating of text,
      for example when I select text and select "Bold", it does not appear
      bold on the screen, instead there are "b"'s before and after the
      text. I know this is for the command once you print out your data.
      Can this be changed so that wysiwyg. Even in little ole Notepad
      this is done....Also I can't find any selection to underline text....

      Any help would be appreciated...
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
        > I am trying to use NoteTab in place of Notepad as a text editor plus
        > to use the "Outline Feature". There are a couple of items that I
        > can seem to get worked out. These items are the formating of text,

        NoteTab is a text editor! To format text you need a word processor!

        > for example when I select text and select "Bold", it does not appear
        > bold on the screen, instead there are "b"'s before and after the
        > text.

        That's because NoteTab assumes you are creating HTML for use in a web page.
        <B>This is bold</B> would then make that bold (assuming you did a few other
        things as well) if viewed in a web browser.

        > Also I can't find any selection to underline text.

        Again, you're assuming NoteTab is a word processor! It isn't!

        Greg