Re: [NTB] Help files in text format?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      Hi David,

      Search the web for an old commandline program HELPDELCO. It will
      convert HLP to at least RTF and then you can Save As... TXT (if
      HELPDELCO doesn't do TXT).

      You need to post over on the Off Topic list for more help with
      it. Here are a couple command-lines I use... You can run it from
      a Clip of course; ask on the Off Topic or Clips list about that. ;)

      "F:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\Help2Rtf\HELPDECO.EXE" "^?[(T=O)hlp file=F:\NoteTab Pro\ClipCode.hlp]" /r /s 1

      "F:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\Help2Rtf\HELPDECO.EXE" "^?[==_F:\NoteTab Pro\NoteTab.hlp|F:\NoteTab Pro\ClipCode.hlp]" /r

      either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

      _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
      list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
      use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
      that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
      conversation clean! :)

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      lists.

      Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
      getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

      >Good morning, everyone!
      >
      >Where can I find a copy of the Notetab Pro help files in .txt or .otl
      >format? I just don't get along with either the old or new Windows
      >help file formats.
      >
      >Thanks.
      >David.

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Happy Clip'n!

    • djust
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
        Thanks, Jody!

        Just to have everything correctly documented, in case anybody else
        needs it, the name of the program is actually HELPDECO and its
        homepage is http://www.geocities.com/mwinterhoff/helpdeco.htm . There
        seems to be a GUI for it at
        http://www.geocities.com/dipakauddy/freeTools.html , but I didn't try
        the GUI.

        It's not exactly what I asked, but many people who ask about a text
        version of the help file will get along just as well with the NoteTab
        Pro manual in PDF format at
        http://www.fookes.net/ftp/other/notetabpdf.zip .