Re: [NTB] scancode

  • Alex Plantema
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      Op maandag 17 januari 2005 13:25 schreef Dave:

      > This looks to an oldish program ,it gives complete control of
      > keyboard I have added some of its text.
      > SCANCODE is a program that lets you "fake" keystrokes from the
      > keyboard when you are in the middle of another DOS program. The other
      > program will think you are typing something on the keyboard when you
      > aren't. Another difference between SCANCODE and these other programs
      > is that SCANCODE can simulate ANY keystroke combination you can type
      > from the keyboard (for example, <Alt>, <CapsLock>,
      > <Shift>-<PrintScreen>, <Ctrl>- <Alt>-<Del>, or just "regular text").

      I found it here: http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone16/cat735/ (at the bottom), with some similar programs.
      (I used http://www.google.nl/search?q=scancode+keyboard+keystroke )
      I'm looking for such a utility, but it should affect only one program's input, without having to turn it off when switching to another program.
      Is that possible?

      Alex.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
        Hi

        have not used that side of it yet . this is part of the readme

        A final difference between SCANCODE and these other programs is that you can
        have more than one SCANCODE in memory at the same time. The different
        SCANCODES operate independently of each other (in parallel), so that they
        can all be waiting for something different to happen, or can all be typing
        different things at the same time. While they operate independently of each
        other, they can also communicate with each other to let the other ones know
        that something happened (see the WAITFORKEY,WAITFORANYKEY, and UNINSTALL
        options below, pages 23, 27, and 53 respectively). This allows an incredible
        amount of flexibility in how you use SCANCODE, including the ability to
        "type" different things depending on exactly what your program does.

        THANKYOU DAVE in au

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
          Hi Dave and Others,

          Please continue this on the Off Topic list if you need to discuss it more. TIA

          either of the links below.

          _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
          list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
          use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
          that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
          conversation clean! :)

          Clips or Scripts list for them.

          are for discussion of those programs.

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          lists.

          Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
          http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
          getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

          >have not used that side of it yet . this is part of the readme
          >
          >A final difference between SCANCODE and these other programs is that you can
          >have more than one SCANCODE in memory at the same time.

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm