Help files in text format?

  • djust
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2005
      Good morning, everyone!

      Where can I find a copy of the Notetab Pro help files in .txt or .otl
      format? I just don't get along with either the old or new Windows
      help file formats.

      Thanks.
      David.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
        Hi David,

        Search the web for an old commandline program HELPDELCO. It will
        convert HLP to at least RTF and then you can Save As... TXT (if
        HELPDELCO doesn't do TXT).

        You need to post over on the Off Topic list for more help with
        it. Here are a couple command-lines I use... You can run it from
        a Clip of course; ask on the Off Topic or Clips list about that. ;)

        "F:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\Help2Rtf\HELPDECO.EXE" "^?[(T=O)hlp file=F:\NoteTab Pro\ClipCode.hlp]" /r /s 1

        "F:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\Help2Rtf\HELPDECO.EXE" "^?[==_F:\NoteTab Pro\NoteTab.hlp|F:\NoteTab Pro\ClipCode.hlp]" /r

        either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

        _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
        list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
        use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
        that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
        conversation clean! :)

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        lists.

        Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
        getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

        >Good morning, everyone!
        >
        >Where can I find a copy of the Notetab Pro help files in .txt or .otl
        >format? I just don't get along with either the old or new Windows
        >help file formats.
        >
        >Thanks.
        >David.

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Happy Clip'n!

      • djust
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
          Thanks, Jody!

          Just to have everything correctly documented, in case anybody else
          needs it, the name of the program is actually HELPDECO and its
          homepage is http://www.geocities.com/mwinterhoff/helpdeco.htm . There
          seems to be a GUI for it at
          http://www.geocities.com/dipakauddy/freeTools.html , but I didn't try
          the GUI.

          It's not exactly what I asked, but many people who ask about a text
          version of the help file will get along just as well with the NoteTab
          Pro manual in PDF format at
          http://www.fookes.net/ftp/other/notetabpdf.zip .