Inserting clip code

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
      I am trying to set up NoteTab for Flex development. Flex is an XML
      type language to define GUI's and its tags have to be in a certain
      case for the compiler not to complain.

      My question is... if I have NoteTab 'color' my mxml and I insert clip
      code, how do I make NoteTab insert the code in the case that I have in
      my clips?

      example: <mx:Application>
      after insertion: <mx:application>

      I need this to be the same case as I define in my clips...

      Thanks!
    • Rob Henrichon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
        Hi Clint,

        I just started investigating Flex -
        I have been a Flash designer for years and just getting into the "back-end"
        database side of applications at present.

        just write your code as usual in notetab, highlight the entire page (or
        select all)
        and hit Ctrl + L (this is the lower case command in Notetab)

        select it all again - and paste into Flex where needed.

        Hope this provides a solution for you.

        ALOHA for now -

        Regards,

        Rob Henrichon

        On Track Computer Solutions
        "ONE SINGULAR GOAL . . .
        increasing client revenues /
        through defined computer solutions."

        I am trying to set up NoteTab for Flex development. Flex is an XML
        type language to define GUI's and its tags have to be in a certain
        case for the compiler not to complain.

        My question is... if I have NoteTab 'color' my mxml and I insert clip
        code, how do I make NoteTab insert the code in the case that I have in
        my clips?

        example: <mx:Application>
        after insertion: <mx:application>

        I need this to be the same case as I define in my clips...

        Thanks!

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • loro
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
          Clint Tredway wrote:
          >My question is... if I have NoteTab 'color' my mxml and I insert clip
          >code, how do I make NoteTab insert the code in the case that I have in
          >my clips?
          >
          >example: <mx:Application>
          >after insertion: <mx:application>
          >
          >I need this to be the same case as I define in my clips...

          Go to View | Options | HTML Files. Click the Create Uppercase Tags box
          until the checkmark turns gray. Taa-taa!

          Lotta
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
            Hi Clint,

            You can override the setting Lotta mentioned with ClipCode.

            You need to ask questions about Clips on the Clips list.

            Please see my signature line to subscribe to it or go to:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

            >I am trying to set up NoteTab for Flex development. Flex is an
            >XML type language to define GUI's and its tags have to be in a
            >certain case for the compiler not to complain.
            >
            >My question is... if I have NoteTab 'color' my mxml and I insert
            >clip code, how do I make NoteTab insert the code in the case that
            >I have in my clips?
            >
            >example: <mx:Application>
            >after insertion: <mx:application>
            >
            >I need this to be the same case as I define in my clips...

            Happy Clip'n!